9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 8:22 AM by A.T. Romano

Disc Eject Problem

stevenl1313

I'm using Premiere Elements 13 and cannot eject a disc after running the program. If I restart Windows 7 Pro I can then eject the disc. Anyone know why this happens? More importantly, anyone know how to fix this?

• 1. Re: Disc Eject Problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenl1313

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

To your immediate issue....

1. What brand/type of disc - Blu-ray of DVD? What happens if you use another disc brand and or type?

2. Are you getting a Premiere Elements 13/13.1 success burn message and the disc is not ejecting from the burner automatically of manually?

3. Is your burn Blu-ray DVD CD or just DVD CD type? Is your burner an internal burner or the USB external burner type?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your details.

ATR

• 2. Re: Disc Eject Problem
            stevenl1313 Level 1

I,m using Windows 7 pro. My problem is with a DVD I recorded previously. Just trying to edit the home movie. Disc is verbatim DVD burner is dvd/cd internal drive.

• 3. Re: Disc Eject Problem
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenl

Thanks for the reply.

Could you clarify....Is the disc stuck in the burner immediately after a burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc when you are expecting the disc to be ejected automatically from the burner? At the time you are expecting the disc to be released by the burner, does the Premiere Elements burn area show 100% done or 98% that never goes away for the burning to disc process?

Also, consider right clicking the Computer burner drive, selecting Properties/Recording and determining whether or not there is a check mark next to the option "Automatically eject the disc after Mastered burn".

How often is this happening with different discs, different project....all the time now or once in a while?

ATR

• 4. Re: Disc Eject Problem
                stevenl1313 Level 1

It's not related to burning a disc. I opened a disc I had recorded previously to take out some clips. Saved the movie file(s) to my hard drive. Then, the drive wouldn't open. Once I restarted the computer the drive would open.

• 5. Re: Disc Eject Problem
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenl

So basically this has nothing to do with Premiere Elements?

Let us approach the matter of the disc stuck in the closed burner this way.

Try to open the burner tray by pressing the the open/close button on the burner. Do that work to open the burner to give you the disc?

If no, then...

Go to Computer and the icon for the burner drive. Right click the burner drive icon and select Eject from the drop down menu that appears. Does that work to open the burner to give you the disc? If that works, that would suggest to me that you may need a new burner because of the faulty open close button on the burner.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Disc Eject Problem
                    stevenl1313 Level 1

The problem was only after running Photoshop Premier Elements. So far today the disc drive is working properly even when/after running Premiere Elements. Guess that, as happens with MS Windows, sometimes these things just resolve themselves.

Currently cannot get the upgrade to 3.1 to work. I click on install, it runs, tells me it was successful. The when I open Premiere Elements I get the upgrade message again. I may post this a s a question.

Thanks for your helpSteve

• 7. Re: Disc Eject Problem
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenl

Thanks for the update with the great news that the disc ejection issue resolved itself.

Regarding the 13.1 Update, if you go to Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace Help Menu/About Premiere Elements, does the top of the scrolling show 13.1 or still 13?

1. Assure that you are doing the update with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

2. You could try updating the Application Manager

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

or

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

OOBE

PDApp

core

and in the core Folder is the PDapp.exe (aka Adobe Application Manager).....right click it, select and apply Run as Administrator, and then double click it to determine if it has anything to update.

Please consider. We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Disc Eject Problem
                        stevenl1313 Level 1

Had to go in as Admin to update the PDapp.exe. Once I did that I was able to udate Premiere Elements to 3.1. Thanks for your help.

Steve

• 9. Re: Disc Eject Problem
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Great news. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Great job.

If you need information on 13.1 content, please see

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

Best wishes

ATR