2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 11:10 AM by imagex ideas

set default background color for Lightroom book

imagex ideas Level 1

The default background page color for Lightroom books appears to be white.  If I want to create a book with another background color I can choose it and set the choice as universal, but that permits no exceptions (eg for chapter head pages).  To retain those exceptions it seems I must add new pages with white background then individually change the background color on them to my desired alternate color.  Am I missing something?  Is there a better way?  It would be nice to be able to set the default background page color for each book you create.

• 1. Re: set default background color for Lightroom book
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi imagex,

You can apply a photographic, graphic, or colored background to the pages of your book. To add a background, do one of the following:

1. Select one or more pages in the preview area of the Book module.
          2. (Optional) Select Apply Background Globally to apply it to all of the pages of your book, except the covers, even if they are not selected.
          3. Do one of the following:
            • Drag a photo from the Filmstrip onto the Drop Photo Here placeholder in theBackground panel. Drag the Opacity slider to adjust the degree of transparency.
            • In the Background panel, click the arrow and select a graphic background. Click the color swatch to change the color of the graphic, and drag the Opacity slider to adjust the degree of transparency.
            • In the Background panel, select the Background Color option and click the color swatch to choose the color.

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: set default background color for Lightroom book
            imagex ideas Level 1

I specifically asked for a way to change the DEFAULT background color.  I

know what you wrote, but want a way to have a new page created with the

background of my choice, not the Lightroom default white.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Mrinmay Majhi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>