Adobe Premier Elements 13 (Current version) reports the following error message when opening an existing (new) project:
"There is no disk drive. Please insert a disk into drive E."
1. Takes 5 clicks on "Cancel" to close out the error message.
2. My computer has NO active drive E.
3. The software seems to operate normally once closing out of the error.
4. Have not yet taken the software through CD creation process yet.
5. Same error message pops up when exiting the software.
6. The only major change on the computer since last using APE 13 is an upgrade from Windows 7 to the current version of Windows 10.
This is a known No Disk error for Premiere Elements 13/13.1. The Adobe solution is to delete or disable the file named OldFilm.AEX.
In Window 7 64 bit, that file is found
Local Disk C
Adobe Premiere Elements 13
and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX that you delete or disable by renaming it from OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.AEXOLD.
Please let us know if that worked for you.
Thank you ATR! Problem solved!
Wonderful news. Great job.
Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.