13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 1:23 PM by tonylives

Lightroom Freezing Intermittently

petere43377890

Hello,

I've read on these forums that there seem to be a lot of known bugs with Lightroom 6.  I wanted to check if this is one of them, or if I've encountered a new one and should report it.

When advancing through images in the Library view, I notice that for certain JPGs, as soon as the image gets selected the UI becomes very unresponsive - the histogram doesn't update, the metadata doesn't update, and scrolling gets very clunky.  If I want (maybe 20-30 seconds), sometimes the histogram/metadata will refresh, but other times it wont.  If I select a different image, the system returns to normal responsiveness immediately.  I don't see this on all images; it seems to only occur on some JPGs, and never on RAW (CR2) files.  I've seen it both on older images in my library, as well as ones that I've freshly downloaded (i.e. from iPhone 6) and not made any changes to.

I did contact Adobe support a month or two ago, and they suggested turning of the GPU acceleration and clearing some "temp" folders.  I did both of those and they seemed to help for a short time, but the issue kept reappearing (despite repeating what they suggested).

This is really bizarre behaviour.  Has anybody else encountered it?  Are there any known workaround?  Should I re-report it as a bug?  I'm really surprised how unstable LR6 feels compared to the previous version I was using (LR3).

System specs (Win7 and Lightroom on primary SSD, camera raw cache and LR catalog on secondary SSD)

Motherboard Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 mATX LGA1155 Z68 DDR3 1PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 HDMI DVI SLI SATA3 USB3

Processor Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB

RAM MEM 8Gx2|GSKILL F3-1600C9D-16GXM R

Primary SSD Intel 320 Series GEN3 120GB 2.5IN SSD SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive OEM

Secondary SSD Intel 120GB 530 Series MLC 2.5in 7.0MM SATA3 6GB/S R540MB/S W490MB/S 80000IOPS SSD Solid State Drive

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Video Card Powercolor Radeon HD 3450 Fanless 600MHZ 512MB 667MHZ DDR2 PCI-E HDMI Low Profile Video Card