7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 12:15 PM by frankiehdone1

photoshop elements and photoshop premier

frankiehdone1 Level 1

I'm confused what is the difference between the two?  and or what would be the purpose of having both of them.    years and I mean years ago I had photoshop elements included  photoshop album  2.0 then I purchased photoshop elements 5.0 which had an organizer in it that apparently replaced the 'album'

so I am not sure which or what or if both would serve what purpose since nothing on the web site really tells you anything!

• 1. Re: photoshop elements and photoshop premier
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Photoshop Elements is a program for editing, enhancing and adding effects to photos and graphics.

Premiere Elements is a program for editing, enhancing and creating stories with video.

• 2. Re: photoshop elements and photoshop premier
            A.T. Romano Level 7

franiedone1

There is Adobe Photoshop Elements (photo editor) and Adobe Premiere Elements (video editor). Each is a standalone program, and each comes with the Elements Organizer. When the same version of these programs is on the same computer, they share the Elements Organizer (slideshow opportunities and media organizational opportunities). Photos and videos can be imported into the Premiere Elements to produced movie files saved to the computer hard drive or burn to disc products.

Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 are the latest versions of the programs (just released in September 2015).

Essentially if you want to go beyond photo editing and get involved with doing video presentations of your Photoshop Elements edited photos, you think Premiere Elements video editor.

That is a very rough overview of the products. Please let us know if you want supplemental information beyond the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: photoshop elements and photoshop premier
              frankiehdone1 Level 1

thank you, I think that answers my question.  I did download both and was exploring the photoshop elements  and so far I HATE IT.   

Sent from Windows Mail

• 4. Re: photoshop elements and photoshop premier
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Fortunately there are many other options out there. Good luck with your search.

• 5. Re: photoshop elements and photoshop premier
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

frankiehdonel

Thanks for the reply.

It is good that you are taking the time to evaluate the tryouts before purchase. And, best wishes for whatever you decide for a photo editor and/or video editor.

Keeping in mind that I do not work for Adobe and I am not affiliated with it any way, I would share the following with you.

When I purchased my first Elements products (Photoshop Elements 3 and Premiere Elements 2) many years ago and installed them, my first thought was "What in the world have you gotten yourself into." But, I had a mission, repairing a damaged photo of a deceased relative. Looking back, if it were not for the mission, I might have just given up at project 1. Many years later I do not regret the decision to continue with these versions and others, maybe not at troubleshooting times which are a fact of life for any brand software. But even the troubleshooting had its perks of learning about the working of the program not found in books.

For me at that early time, I had no frame of reference. First time user of these products or any other photo or video editor. If I had gone from Photoshop Elements 3 and Premiere Elements 2 and were looking at version 14, I would probably be overwhelmed by the massive changes from then until now.

Please consider, and then, as your schedule permits, please update us on your progress in finding what works for you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: photoshop elements and photoshop premier
                    frankiehdone1 Level 1

options and search oh hell no…. I’m sticking my version 5.0  best version ever………

FH

• 7. Re: photoshop elements and photoshop premier
                      frankiehdone1 Level 1

thanks for taking your time.  much appreciated. 

however this in NOT my first rodeo.  I started out with the non version numbered you know the one that was just photoshop (basic) then went to ver 2.0 jumped to 5.0 and periodically when there has been a new version release ex: ver 10 I checked it, did the trial,  I HATED IT  checked into version 12 but did not do a trial,  since this was version 14 the write up appeared to wow, reviews not the greatest but okay.

so that is why I decided to check it out.  downloaded both premiere and elements.  checked out one,I think it was the photoshop (hard to tell since icons look identical to m, unless I downloaded one twice since the download was not to clear)

took me a ******* hour just to get one photo and start working on just one, omg the ******* program was so slow.  I would have had my ver 5 done in less time  and  them system froze.  YES I do have window 8 OMG bring back XP

and basically nothing is in my system as it is still relatively new  because working on possibly upgrading or eliminating some programs (meaning not reinstalling or installing into win 8) since quite a few of them are pre xp or for xp that won’t work on win 8 or even win 10 when that upgrade happens IF THAT SHOULD EVER ******* HAPPEN.  by the time my systems get the upgrade it will be something else.  right  they are ******* to slow with this upgrade. why should people in the stores buying a new system get the 10 before us that have 8 & 8.1 and signed up for the upgrade.  sorry for the rant  just one of those things

anyway thanks again for your info and taking the time to respond

FH