• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues after migrating from one macbook to another.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just migrated from my macbook pro15 to a new macbook pro retina 13.

I migrated my files and applications across transferring from one machine to the other and now I'm having issues with Photoshop CC.

I cant open Photoshop as it is asking me to install the Creative Cloud Application Manager, which I previously had installed and so should have come across.

I've tried to download and install it but repeatedly get a crash shortly after it begins the process.

I've tried to uninstall the existing applications and start from scratch but they will not uninstall without the application manager. I'v since manually deleted them to see if that would help but no joy.

I'm at a loss as to how I can get the applications back on the machine.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

If it is okay for you , remove all Apps and Adobe related folders and then install again as Fresh Installation , It will be Ideal to avoid these kinda issues in future. As you had migrated the Apps along with its supporting files.

Simply uninstalling and reinstalling will  overwrite the files on a existing folder which is just fine . But complete removal and re-installation is Ideal.

Good to know information regarding complete manual removal and Re-installation process,

1) Trash Adobe apps from Ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The migration doesn't work well with the Adobe Products.

I would advise you to please try the steps below:

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is okay for you , remove all Apps and Adobe related folders and then install again as Fresh Installation , It will be Ideal to avoid these kinda issues in future. As you had migrated the Apps along with its supporting files.

Simply uninstalling and reinstalling will  overwrite the files on a existing folder which is just fine . But complete removal and re-installation is Ideal.

Good to know information regarding complete manual removal and Re-installation process,

1) Trash Adobe apps from Applications .

2) Trash below mentioned folders from Applications > Utilities.

• Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Adobe Application Manager
  • Adobe Utilities.
  • Adobe Installers.

3) Trash Adobe folders from below locations.

Adobe folders will be present inside Application Support folder.

~/Library/Application Support/    [ User Library ]

/Library/Application Support/      [ System Library ]

Then Run Adobe Cleaner tool and select Clean All option .

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Then install Adobe Creative Cloud app .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines