3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 9:15 AM by Sue Garibaldi

How to open a file from illustrator draw to Illustrator CC?

angelv99505508

When I'm trying to open a file on illustrator, the Illustrator opens on my laptop but my drawing is not there. Nevertheless when I click the icon to open the file in Photoshop, I can see my drawing.

Why can I see my file on Photoshop but not in Illustrator?

Help!! Please!!

Thank you!!

Adobe Illustrator Draw Amy_WongWoojin clawson Debbie

• 1. Re: How to open a file from illustrator draw to Illustrator CC?
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Angel,

I'm wondering if maybe it's just "out of view." Frequently, when I'm on my laptop, the art opens off the scren of the Illustrator desktop. Could that be happening to you?

Sue.

• 2. Re: How to open a file from illustrator draw to Illustrator CC?
            angelv99505508 Level 1

What do you mean with "out of view"?  

When I'm on Adobe Draw, and I want to open my art (drawing) I press the button to open the file on illustrator desktop, and Illustrator opens, but nothing there, just an empty artboard. I think yes, it's "out of view" but I don't know how to put it on the right view. I've already checked turning on the layers, but nothing is there. Is it possible that the problem it´s with my illustrator version or something like that? Because I have illustrator CC, but i think it is not the last version.. Thanks for answering.

Ps. Is there another option for taking out the file from the app? take it out as a .ai and not as a image?

Thanks again Sue.

• 3. Re: How to open a file from illustrator draw to Illustrator CC?
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Angel,

Sometimes the actual canvas/artboard on a laptop is so small that the imported art shifts so low that it's not visible -- but when I connect to a large monitor, I can see it in a lower corner. But, maybe that's not happening with you.

It sounds like things are working "almost" correctly for you, but since almost really doesn't get you anywhere, try updating to Illustrator CC 2015. Also, are you on the latest version (3.0) of Draw?

Although a lot of people really want the feature, right now it's not possible to export anything other than a low-res image outside of the CC desktop apps.

Let me know if the update solves the problem.

Sue.