1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2006 3:42 PM by Rothrock

MovieClipLoader and loadMovie

mtntop
      Hi, I hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

I have a movie that loads other SWFs using MovieClipLoader. If the SWFs being loaded by MovieClipLoader are older files and contain loadMovie statements, those movies don't seem to get loaded.

For example, I have a master SWF that loads another SWF (via MovieClipLoader) and that SWF contains a button that loads a demonstration SWF (via loadMovie). Everything works fine until I click the button to start the demonstration. When the button is clicked I just get a white screen.

Am I missing a key concept with MovieClipLoader? I have read and re-read the online help but can't seem to find the answer.

Mona
        • 1. Re: MovieClipLoader and loadMovie
          Rothrock Level 5
          I don't know of any reason that the combination shouldn't work. But my guess is there is something else going on.

Generally the problem would be one of two things. If your loadMovie statment looks something like this:

_root.myHolder.loadMovie("whatever.swf");

In that case since the older swf that contains that line has been loaded into another swf (with the MCL) then the _root has changed and the myHolder clip is no longer on the _root timeline.

The other problem could be that you have stored your different clips in different folders? In that case, all paths to external resources (swf, jpg, txt, flv, etc.) will be relative to the html page/projector file and not relative to the calling swf.

Other than that, I don't know what it could be.