4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 5:45 AM by Colin Flashman

has anyone encountered the ability to export an "ADCF format" before?

Colin Flashman Adobe Community Professional

Have just been trying to deliberately make a data merge file fault so that I can determine what error messages occur, when I noticed the ability to export a file type that wasn't there before: adcf

It was located underneath the XML format in the format dropdown. Unfortunately I can't replicate the conditions that led me to that option, and didn't take a screen capture of it... BUT I can show what the format exported to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
      <acf:Connection xmlns:acf="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeConnectionFile/1.0/">
      <acf:DataSource href="file:///colin%27s%20work/colcandoo/2015-09-06%20making%20DM%20fail%20-%20video/data%20control.txt" type="csv" />
      </acf:Connection>

Fellow ID user Loic Aigon saw it some time ago and DID get a screen capture of it: Did you ever heard about an indesign "adcf" file f... on Twitpic

Another ID user John Hawkinson also noticed it earlier and reported it in a thread: [CS5 JS] DataMerge File

I suspect it has something to do with how Data Merge references a text file in the links palette, as it doesn't refer to it as TXT, but XML for some weird reason. I've taken a screen capture of a text file that is linked, and a data merge file that is linked to make the distinction:

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 12.46.37 am.png

Any ideas?

Colin