14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2010 9:42 PM by yakparis

Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up

Equisse
      I have been using Fireworks CS3 for over 1 1/2 years with no problems. I have the new Fireworks CS4 installed, and it will not load. The splash screen loads, but nothing initializes, and after a short period of time, the application closes and an support message pops up asking me if I want to send an error report to Adobe. I have sent the report several times. I have looked through the forum, and tried using the removal tool, reinstalled, but I still have the same problem. Photoshop CS4 and other CS4 applications load perfectly. Does anyone have an idea of how to solve this? In the mean time, I am back to using my old dependable Fireworks CS3.
        • 1. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
          Equisse Level 1
          Okay, this is a follow-up post... I logged out of my main account, and logged in to my backup admin account. Fireworks CS4 works perfectly in the secondary account. I went back to my main account and closed all open programs, and tried opening up Fireworks CS4 again, but it did not complete the loading as I mentioned in my first post above.

Does anyone have any ideas? Anything would be helpful at this point, as Adobe does not seem to respond to my emails.

Thanks in Advance.
          • 2. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
            heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
            Sounds like OS Adminstrative Preveledges for the account is limited, than mere an error with Fw not loading.

h
            • 3. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
              Level 7
              I've seen the same thing with Fireworks launching and then crashing on
              the splash screen but it only happens occasionally for me. Do you find
              this happening every single time? What if you restart your machine and
              then launch Fireworks fresh? Still crashes? Your system meets the system
              requirements I assume, right?

Derren.

DrPAS wrote:

> I have been using Fireworks CS3 for over 1 1/2 years with no problems. I have
              > the new Fireworks CS4 installed, and it will not load. The splash screen loads,
              > but nothing initializes, and after a short period of time, the application
              > closes and an support message pops up asking me if I want to send an error
              > report to Adobe. I have sent the report several times. I have looked through
              > the forum, and tried using the removal tool, reinstalled, but I still have the
              > same problem. Photoshop CS4 and other CS4 applications load perfectly. Does
              > anyone have an idea of how to solve this? In the mean time, I am back to using
              > my old dependable Fireworks CS3.
              • 4. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                Equisse Level 1
                Derren,

It happens every time. I have tried restarting my Mac, no good. It does work when I install it and use it under another user name with admin privileges. Someone else suggested my OS Admin account was limited, which is totally impossible, as it is the original and only admin account I have had since I purchased the computer, until I set up another account for testing purposes.

And to answer your other question, yes, I far exceed the minimum requirements to run CS4. I have been running CS3 since the middle of 2007 with no problems.

I wish I could find the answer to the problem, but Adobe has been of no help whatsoever. I have emailed them at least 10 times, and they ignore me. Since I cannot try the new version properly, since they will not help me to make it work, it looks like they lost me as an upgrade customer. I'll stick with CS3. I will say I am very disappointed in their customer service. i have been an Adobe customer for as long as they have been making Photoshop.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know, I would appreciate hearing any ideas.

Paul
                • 5. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                  SRihan
                  Hi Paul,

Can you please reproduce the issue and attach the crash report over this forum ?

I'll have a look and try to resolve.

Thanks,
                  Saurabh
                  • 6. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                    Arisian Level 1
                    I Have exactly the same problem - Fireworks crashes every time on start up have reinstalled but no joy

crash report follows

• 7. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                      SRihan Level 1
                      Thanks for the report. We'll have a look and will come back.

Paul, if you can also attach your Mac crash report, it will be great.

Thanks.
                      • 8. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                        Equisse Level 1
                        SRihan, I will attach a crash report tonight, as I have to reinstall CS4 again. I removed it from my system and went back to CS3 because it was so perfect. I don't mind going through this whole reinstall situation, but you will have to bear with me for about 18 - 24 hours for the crash report, as I have a lot of work to do today. Thanks for looking into this for me and taking action. I wish you worked for Adobe, they need an action oriented customer service savvy person like you. Personally, I would have thought that after all the years of loyalty I have given Adobe, they would have taken action to try to resolve my issue and keep me as a customer. I have beta tested more products for them for so many years... my time and effort (for free) has helped them make better products that people are proud to own. Not a nice way to treat loyal beta-testers/end-users. Look for the report tonight. Thank you for your time and effort. Paul
                        • 9. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                          Sarthak Singhal Adobe Employee
                          Hi Arisian,
                          Can you follow the below forum link and see if the crash is resolved for you?

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=14&catid=193&threadid =1402325&enterthread=y

Thanks
                          • 10. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                            KellieVB

I'm having a similar problem w Fireworks CS 4 on my windows 7 (64 bit) machine. It worked fine the first 2 weeks, and then it started acting strange. When I launch Fireworks, it begins to load and then crashes. The first few times this occurred the splash screen came up, but now when it happens it doesn't even get that far. The mouse changes to the "loading" symbol (hollow blue circle) and I can hear the HD being accessed, but that only lasts about 4 seconds and then nothing. Program doesn't start up, and there's no listing for it in the task manager.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't seem to have worked :-/

Any ideas?

Thanks,

KB

• 11. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                              DigtialPhoenix

Downloaded the trial version of Fireworks CS4.. when i try to open it i get a message saying "Could not launch Fireworks. An Internal error occured." Any suggestions as to what could be the problem and fix??? Running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit with SP2

• 12. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                                JoyceEvans Level 3

I had the same thing happen. I've heard it has to do with fonts but I

don't know which ones. It happened on my PC running Vista and my Mac.

When I upgraded to Snow Leopard it worked again.

• 13. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                                  yakparis

i'm using fireworks CS3 on Mac Book Pro - Mac OX x 10.4.11 - and Fireworks won't launch (goes through start up screen - then an error message report screen). it's was working fine right along, even yesterday. I pulled out all non essential fonts and it still won't launch. i've removed the alias, rebooted, tried launch from a fireworks files - nothing is working. last resort is to reinstall the software. any other suggestions?

• 14. Re: Fireworks CS4 Does Not Start Up
                                    yakparis Level 1

problem solved i threw out the fireworks preferences.