• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown Index keywords

Participant ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II have only one HHK index file in my project and in the project folder. I can see the keywords in it with both Notepad and the RoboHelp index editor pane (pod). I looked in RHkKeyword.apj file also, but I do not see these unknown keyword entries there either.

When I compile the project however, there are far more index keywords than I see in the pane. These keywords look like I created them as topic keywords somehow. Three of them are like “Copy of Antivirus,” where an entry, Antivirus, already exits. Yet, I can not remove the Copy entry because I can’t find it in the Index editor pane or the file with Notepad. Another keyword showing in the complied Help file, but not the index pane is “Does not show in Outlook,” which is a question on my Troubleshooting page. So this entry certainly looks like a topic style keyword. The RoboHelp Help file is actually helpful on this point (make that twice now!) The question is not bookmarked or otherwise obviously marked as a keyword in the HTML code. How do I edit and/or remove these keywords?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009
Find out the topic an entry points to and then look in its properties. Perhaps the keyword is in the topic itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find out the topic an entry points to and then look in its properties. Perhaps the keyword is in the topic itself.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! Damn, your good, ever thought of making money doing this? To remove Topic keywords that do not show in the Index editor pane, right-click on the topic page. On Topic Properties, click the Index tab. Edit the Index Keywords, which are actually Topic Keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't see the keywords listed among those in the Index Designer. Normally when you have a mix of Topic Level keywords and HHK keywords, they are all presented together in the Index Designer. But those that are Topic Level will have a different appearance.

Click here to see a depiction

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of a couple of instances where the keywords disappeared after an upgrade.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've heard of a couple of instances where the keywords disappeared after an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp