5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2008 1:39 PM by javamonjoe

Datagrid combobox itemEditor event

htezcan Level 1
      I have a datagrid populated by managed arraycollection by dataservice. One of the columns has an item Editor using a component ComboBox. Sofar all is fine but I have not been able to define an event that will be triggered when the combobox has changed and a new value is selected. I have tried itemEditEnd which will only trigger if one clicks outside the itemEditor which generates an "other" event. "Change" method of DG will trigger an event before any selection is made. Any ideas? I need the trigger to commit the change to database.
      Thx
        • 1. Re: Datagrid combobox itemEditor event
          rmarp
          I'm working on a very similar scenario and you just made me realize that I'm going to need to do the same "commit" when the editing is changed. I'll be curious to see how you solve this ...

Ryan
          • 2. Re: Datagrid combobox itemEditor event
            Nataliefay
            Hi,

I'm sorry to bug you with a non-technical discussion, but I am a recruiter in San Diego. My client is in need of 3 Senior Flex Developers for their project. I have had an extremely rough time finding someone for this position. Would you be interested in this position, or do you know of anyone that might be? We do pay referral fees. This position may be open to telecommuting.

Job Description:
            They are in the midst of a major re-architecting of their Corporate Management system utilizing many cutting edge technologies. As it relates to the position they are using Flex as their UI.

This is either a contract, or a full-time position.

Pay: Market Rate

Thanks for your help!

Natalie Fay
            Outsource Technical
            www.ostechnical.com
            nfay@ostechnical.com
            • 3. Re: Datagrid combobox itemEditor event
              Nataliefay Level 1
              Hi,

I'm sorry to bug you with a non-technical discussion, but I am a recruiter in San Diego. My client is in need of 3 Senior Flex Developers for their project. I have had an extremely rough time finding someone for this position. Would you be interested in this position, or do you know of anyone that might be? We do pay referral fees. This position may be open to telecommuting.

Job Description:
              They are in the midst of a major re-architecting of their Corporate Management system utilizing many cutting edge technologies. As it relates to the position they are using Flex as their UI.

This is either a contract, or a full-time position.

Pay: Market Rate

Thanks for your help!

Natalie Fay
              Outsource Technical
              www.ostechnical.com
              nfay@ostechnical.com
              • 4. Re: Datagrid combobox itemEditor event
                chuckgoss
                In case anyone stumbled across this thread looking for a solution, what I did to solve this problem was to add an event listener to the arrayCollection binded to the grid and listen for change events on it, rather than on individual fields. You'll have to have some code that checks the event target to see what data changed, but it wasn't that difficult. In the example, I was looking for a checkbox field backed by the data property 'selected'.
                • 5. Re: Datagrid combobox itemEditor event
                  javamonjoe Level 1
                  You could also have reacted to any events generated by the itemEditor. I'm assuming it was a customized combobox which was used. that component could have been used to send any event to the datagrid.