• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notes appearing as HTML code!!??

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2006 Nov 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember seeing a post about this a while ago, and can't find it now.

Is there a workaround for this yet? I need to ensure the notes in my presentations are readable for those without sound.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Camicals
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2006 Nov 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody else has had this problem?

To recap, PowerPoint slide notes are also showing all markup tags in the notes when publising up to Breeze presentation.

If anyone has a workaround for this, please let me know ASAP!

This is killing me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2006 Nov 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2006 Nov 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with one of the students' pc's. I've had this happen to another student and I asked them to download Flash Player v. 9 and it worked. This student insists they have the most current v. of Flash and the notes are still not rendering correctly.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks Camicals for bringing this up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2006 Nov 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2006 Nov 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,
Tried what you suggested and same thing is happening.
All the notes are there, but separated by &#+20,
, and other tags.
I hope this isn't Adobe's solution to this problem... even if it did work, I'm not willing to go slide-by-slide, cutting and pasting notes back and forth.
When I started this post, I mentioned that I recall seeing this issue a while ago, along with fixes for the dll-vs-player9 issue, but those posts are now gone.
Camicals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camicals,

Just curious...is it possible that your notes variable is set to "true"?

If you go to the Data folder for a published presentation, there's an XML doc titled "viewer.xml" Within that xml doc, look for the following tag:

<notes isHTML="false">

I'm guessing that it's probably already configured as above, but thought I'd send you a quick note just in case. And just for the record, that tag exists for each and EVERY slide in your preso! So although you wouldn' t have to go slide by slide copying/pasting text as you mentioned above, you will need to look at every slide ID in the xml file to make sure that the "isHTML" varialble is set to "false".

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Yeah, it is set to "false" for each slide. Within the xml file, the notes do appear as following "During&#x20;this&#x20;tutorial&#x20;... etc, etc...".

Editing the xml to remove the <&#x20;> tag does remove it from the presentation, but having to go slide by slide for each xml file I have is going to take a week!!

Anybody got any other ideas on this? And thanks for the suggestion Rob!

Camicals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rob,

Changing the notes setting to "true" did the trick!
Thanks!

So now, is there a way to configure that in Breeze/PowerPoint so that I don't have to find/replace in each subsequent presentation?

Cheers,
Camicals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources