4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 8:38 AM by Rick Gerard

video in the middle of a rotating text is it possible?

B1Guy2015

I would like the video in the middle of the text to play as well.

See screen capUntitled.jpg

• 1. Re: video in the middle of a rotating text is it possible?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You need to provide much more info. How do you even create the 3D text? If it has something to do with the BCC effects listed on your Effects & Presets panel, refer to their instructions.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: video in the middle of a rotating text is it possible?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You probably need 3 layers. The front half of the text on the cylinder, the video, the back half of the text. The exact technique depends on how you created your rotating text. Most plug-ins that will create extruded text and wrap it around a cylinder have the option to render the front and back of the cylinder. This means the video layer does not have to be a 3D layer Some plug-ins used to create your rotating text will recognize the z 3D depth of the video layer so all you have to do is position the layer appropriately in Z space. Since we don't know any details of your project and you didn't reveal the modified properties of the layers in question by pressing the U key twice before you took the screenshot I can't give you a definite answer.

• 3. Re: video in the middle of a rotating text is it possible?
              B1Guy2015 Level 1

The text was made with video copilot I imported a .obj file that I made in another program. At this point it does not rotate as I felt there was no need to set key frames until I found out how to get the video in the middle to be recognized as a 3d  layer or what ever I need to do to make it possible to move it into the middle of text

I am fairly new to After Effects.Untitled2.jpg

Here is a new cap with the info showing.

here is a link to show kinda what I want test - YouTube but instead of a guitar i want  a video plating in the middle of text .

Thank you for any help on this matter

• 4. Re: video in the middle of a rotating text is it possible?
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is showing me that you have 2D layers. Is the rotating text created with Element? You didn't include your workflow. How did you create the text on the cylinder? Without knowing the details of the text layer and how you created it it's impossible to give you specific directions. I'd start by making the video layer 3D and see if that gets you anything. If that doesn't work go into the effect you used to generate the text layer and find the render front and render back or render inside and render outside options and make 3 layers.