1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 9:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Problems with MP4 sound transfer in Adobe Premiere Elements 10

mariac53549059

I am currently using Adober Premiere Elements 10. I have started editing video taken on my Sony Action Cam, its an MP4 format. The other day I was editing 3 or 4 different clips I brought in, putting them together, cutting and all that stuff. The last clip would not let the audio transfer, just the video. I checked other videos and they were mostly without sound as well. In other editors the sound did transfer. What is going on? Someone please help

• 1. Re: Problems with MP4 sound transfer in Adobe Premiere Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mariac

Premiere Elements (many versions) has a problem with video recorded with variable rather than constant frame rate. Video from cell phones, iPad, and iPod and other devices typically fall into this category. The symptoms of this condition range from audio out sync to not being able to import the file at all. The typical fix for this type of issue is to take the video audio into the free HandBrake program to obtain the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate file version to import into the Premiere Elements project. https://handbrake.fr/

Do you know if your Sony Action Cam records with a variable frame rate. I suspecting it might. But, I have not been able to find anything online to say yes or no to that question.

a. You could just convert your video audio in HandBrake to the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate and, if it works in Premiere Elements, go with that.

or

b. Confirm the variable frame rate by taking the video audio file into the free video audio properties read out program named MediaInfo.

MediaInfo download | SourceForge.net   Just be careful with your choices during download and install of this program since it is known to travel with unwanted baggage. If you see in its Tree View/Video part that there are 3 frames rate (minimum frame rate, frame rate, and maximum frame rate), then you know for sure that you are dealing with a Premiere Elements vs variable frame rate issue and then go with the HandBrake fix.

Please consider. We can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Any questions, need clarification, or need how to using HandBrake, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR