1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 6:47 PM by A.T. Romano

Cannot transfer a slide show from Photoshop Elements 12 to Premier Elements 12 to burn DVD

Cornwall Miner

It has been two weeks and I am getting nowhere in creating a DVD of a slide show I created in Photoshop Elements 12.

My first attempt was to try to burn a DVD in Photoshop Elements. I got the following:

An error has occurred while writing to wmv. The wmv file has not been created.

I got the same message when trying to write to a file.

When I attempt to send the slideshow to Premier Elements 12 I get the following error message:

Premier Elements has encountered an error [..\..\Scr\Sequence\Sequence.ccp-2233}

I then get the message:

Premier Elements has stopped working.

I never ran into any problems with Version 9.

• 1. Re: Cannot transfer a slide show from Photoshop Elements 12 to Premier Elements 12 to burn DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Cornwall Miner

Photoshop Elements 12/12.1 and Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on what computer operating system?

What is the extent of the content in the Elements Organizer 12/12.1 Slideshow Editor...duration and number of photos and what photo pixel dimensions and frame aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9)? Other?

When you get to Slideshow Editor Output, please select Edit with Premiere Elements Editor.

After the slideshow is transferred to Premiere Elements, you can right click the slideshow on the Timeline (now in a movie format) and select Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow to do just that. This will enable you to make significant edits to the slideshow before the burn to.

Photos oversized for the project settings and the size of the slideshow can cause problems in the writing of the wmv slideshow (if you go that route), in the transfer of the slideshow to Premiere Elements, and odd behavior and photo displays in Premiere Elements Timeline.

Please consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR