3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 12:15 PM by BFriggs

Lightroom will not download pictures. Says They are already downloaded.

BFriggs Level 1

Lightroom will not download pictures because they where once already downloaded. But they are currently not in my library. The folder they where in is no longer in there. But I do not recall deleting it. But I can not re download them because it says I already did. But they are not in there. How can I get these back into my library so I can edit more of them?

• 1. Re: Lightroom will not download pictures. Says They are already downloaded.
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi BFriggs,

You need to create new catalog to import these images, as the current Lightroom catalog understand that your images are already imported.

If you want to continue using the same catalog, then you need to search the Image preview and remove it.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom will not download pictures. Says They are already downloaded.
            dj_paige Level 9

BFriggs wrote:

Lightroom will not download pictures because they where once already downloaded. But they are currently not in my library. The folder they where in is no longer in there. But I do not recall deleting it. But I can not re download them because it says I already did. But they are not in there. How can I get these back into my library so I can edit more of them?

If Lightroom is saying that the photos have already been imported, then Lightroom is telling you the truth. There is no point in importing them again, and there is no point to adding the photos to a new catalog. You have to search for the photos in Lightroom by following all of these 4 of these steps:

• In the Lightroom LIbrary Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on "All Photographs"
            • Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
            • Turn of filters (Library->Enable Filters, make sure there is no check mark or dash next to this command)
            • Search for one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar, once you find it you will probably find all of the ones that you are trying to import, make a note of which folder Lightroom says these photos are stored in
            • 3. Re: Lightroom will not download pictures. Says They are already downloaded.
              BFriggs Level 1

Thanks for the info. I will see what I can do with the info you mentioned.