5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 5:50 AM by A.T. Romano

The audio track for video1 has moved to audio2 , why and can I restore it to audio1?

Jammyone

The audio track for video1 has moved to audio2 , why and can I restore it to audio1?

• 1. Re: The audio track for video1 has moved to audio2 , why and can I restore it to audio1?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jammyone

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system?

Was the audio (Audio 1) supposedly linked to the video (Video 1)? What were you doing in the project when the audio moved from Audio 1 to Audio 2?

If you are dealing with an unlinked audio, you should be able to use the mouse cursor to drag this audio back to its place on Audio 1.

Please give more details.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: The audio track for video1 has moved to audio2 , why and can I restore it to audio1?
            Jammyone Level 1

Hi AT

I'm running PE 11 in Win10. No the audio and video clips are linked as recorded (I had not unlinked A and V) every attempt to move the audio moves the video accordingly. Adding new clips go in the right AV tracks so whatever happened just applies to existing clips.I think this all happened after I'd added another audio track but I cannot imagine what happened. John

• 3. Re: The audio track for video1 has moved to audio2 , why and can I restore it to audio1?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

I now know what you did and what happened.

The key was when you wrote

.I think this all happened after I'd added another audio track

When you right click near an numbered audio track name and select Add Tracks from the pop up menu, you make your selection

a. add number for video and/or audio tracks

b. Placement: Before First Track or After Last Track

Here are scenarios given when there are 3 video 3 audio default tracks. If you have video linked to its audio on Video 1/Audio 1

To get your result

You must have used

Add Track

Video Add 1 Before First Track

Audio Add 1 Before First Track

ex1.JPG

To recover from that situation where Video 1 content presents linked to Audio 2 content when you decide to add an audio track to the Timeline

1. Right click the linked clips in this unwanted state, select Unlink Audio and Video from the pop up menu, move the unlinked audio on Audio 2 to Audio 1. Align the video and audio as they were originally..

2. Select the Video 1 and Audio 1 content at the same time, right click anywhere in the selection, and select Link Audio and Video from the pop up menu.

If you had selected instead

Add Track

Video Add 0 Before First Track

Audio Add 1 Before First Track

you would have gotten

ex2.JPG

Note the arrangement that this way created.

What are details of what you sought to do? Explore and experiment with Add Tracks video and/or audio track number and the placement options.

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: The audio track for video1 has moved to audio2 , why and can I restore it to audio1?
                Jammyone Level 1

Dear AT

Yes, I guess that's exactly what I did, easily done though! So problem solved , many thanks, John

• 5. Re: The audio track for video1 has moved to audio2 , why and can I restore it to audio1?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the follow up.

I had not previously done the sequence that you did for the add audio track. So, the results were interesting and surprising. Good that you asked

about your add audio track result.

Best wishes

ATR