30 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 10:36 AM by Bill in Burbank

I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?

Bill in Burbank Level 1

Somehow the frames/second preference AND the display format was set to double the normal size, and now my project of 35 minutes is too large to "burn" to a disc.  Is there a ""fix" for what happened.  I have no idea how the preferences got changed, but I discovered they were when my project turned out to be 25 GB in Blu-Ray size and 7.72 GB in normal DVD size, both too large to burn to one disc. I wonder if there is a "fix" for the bind I find myself in now.

• 1. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

Is this just a fit to disc matter or did these setting throw off the playback of the whole video presentation?

If it is just a fit to disc matter...

For the Blu-ray.... what is the Space Required and Bitrate?

If Space Required = 25 GB, then do the burn to Blu-ray disc with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space".

For DVD-VIDEO ...what is the Space Required and Bitrate?

If Space Required = 7.71 GB, then do the burn to DVD Double Layer disc with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"

Please consider, and supply more details. The details will help us to think through this.

For perspective, what were the wrong settings for frame rate and display format and what should they have been?

ATR

• 2. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

A 35 minute project is not too large for a disc.

It doesn't matter how large your file is now -- once it's been transcoded to a BluRay or a DVD, it will easily fit on a disc.

You don't say which version of the program you're working with or what model of camcorder your video comes from, but more recent versions of Premiere Elements are designed to automatically set up your project settings based on the first clip of media you placed on your timeline.

With a bit more detail, we may be able to guide you to a solution.

• 3. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
              Bill in Burbank Level 1

Hi A.T. - Glad you're there !   I believe it is just a disk space problem.  It plays on the computer screen just fine.

Ready for the sizes?  Are you sure?  Here they are:

Blu-ray:  Space required = 58.77 GB       Bit Rate= 20 Mbps

DVD:  Space required: 4.48 GB     Bit Rate - 1.69 Mbps   (I tried checking "Fit to available space", but it didn't change the insufficient space warning.

If I get double-layer DVD's, will people be able to play them on regular DVD players?    

As to the frame rate setting, there were only two settings offered:  29.97 frames/second and 59.94 frames/second.  On this project, the Coast Trip, somehow they were set at 59.95.  I checked my Africa Trip which always worked fine, and it was set at 29.97.  How it got changed to 59.95 for the Coast Trip (the huge one), I have no idea.  I didn't understand what it was, so I never changed it.

As to the Display Format setting, the troubled Coast Trip was set at 60 fps; the Africa Trip was set at 30 fps.  Again, I don't know how it got changed.

I'm working with PE 13.1. I don't have a camcorder, but I use a Canon G15 for stills and videos, the same camera I used for Africa.  PE13 has always automatically set everything for it.  The only setting I have ever changed is the default still image duration, and I did that in the Africa trip too with no problem.

• 4. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Bill in Burbank wrote:

If I get double-layer DVD's, will people be able to play them on regular DVD players?   

Only on players that support the discs.

• 5. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

Regular DVD players these days include DVD double layer in their support.

Most DVD players today support DVD 4.7 GB/120 minutes (regular disc) and DVD 8.5 GB/240 minutes (double layer). No guarantee who has what player.

Can you do a mini poll of your potential viewers to determine the support from their DVD player. Otherwise we are talking about a 2 disc DVD-VIDEO project.

1. On the Premiere Elements side of things, you want to see Space Required = 4.38 GB or less and Bitrate 7 to 8 Mbps with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space".

2. On the DVD player side of things, you want to see product specs including supports DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc double layer.

Here is the part that worries me

Blu-ray:  Space required = 58.77 GB       Bit Rate= 20 Mbps

Did you get those readings with the check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space". And, were you using a BD-R or BD-RW disc 25 GB capacity or 50 GB capacity? Please check that.

1. On the Premiere Elements side of things, both the 25 GB and 50 GB Blu-ray disc are supported.

2. On the Blu-ray player side of things, you want to see product specs including type of Blu-ray disc support.

Key to remember in evaluating this type of situation and looking at player specifications - you can get into trouble if you consider just disc type support. You need to think player support for a given format on a given disc type.

Please consider...important information is...when you have your Timeline content ready for the burn to, have the disc in the burner tray, what are the readings at the time for Space Required and Bitrate plus what are the specs for the disc in the burner tray?

ATR

• 6. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                    Bill in Burbank Level 1

Thank you, A.T.  - Things have changed since yesterday on my computer.  For some reason, the Blu-ray is NOW in size I can use.  I checked "Fit contents to space abailable" (which I'm sure I did yesterday too, but today, I get the following size for the Blu-ray version:

23.30 GB and Bitrate of 8.02 Mbps - which are within your guidelines.  I don't know what happened overnight to the 57 GB size it was yesterday.

The regular DVD size is now (with the Fit Contents checked) 4.48 GB and Bitrate of 1.69.  It's grown a little in size since yesterday; and still won't quite fit. So close though. I went back and checked the settings again for the project, and the FRAME SIZE is set at 1920 X 1080, whereas my camera's frame size is set at 1280 X 720.  Is THAT the source of my problem?  The FRAME SIZE in the project is too high?  I tried to change it just now in the project after I loaded it, but it wouldn't let me.  Whaddathink?

Most of my friends and relatives have DVD players that are about 10 years old.  They never heard of a "blu-ray" or double-sided compatible.  So, my project has to fit within the original guidelines.

• 7. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                      Bill in Burbank Level 1

Oh, and my Blu-ray discs - not that it matters now that the Blu-ray project fits - are 25 GB  BD-R's  The regular DVD's are 4.7 GB DVD-R's - which somehow my 4.48 GB project won't fit on..

Bill

• 8. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

Mostly good news.

If you have Blu-ray with Space Required = 23.30 GB and Bitrate 8.02 (check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"), you should be able to get that onto one Blu-ray disc labelled 25 GB. I am not all that happy with the Bitrate of 8.02 versus the max of about 24 Mbps in that situation. But, I am offering that the project had to lower the bitrate to make the fit (from 24 to 8 Mbps....lower the Bitrate to make the fit, potential for lower quality end result).

I am 99.999999% sure of what happened last night with the

Blu-ray. Space required = 58.77 GB  Bit Rate = 20 Mbps

You were looking at the readings without the check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space".

Longer story. But, that is the capsule version.

As for the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc....if you want to stay with the DVD 4.7 GB/120 minutes disc, then you will need to cut away parts of the Timeline content or make a try to make it into a 2 disc set. It will take some work planning what goes where and reconstructing the menus. I am not projecting that just changing the frame size of the project from 1920 x 1080 to 1280 x 720 is going to make a difference to fit all the content on on regular DVD disc. Do a mini test run to provide it to yourself.

Please consider and then we can go into more details as needed, including more on the difference between with and without a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space.

We will be watching for your plans after going through these considerations.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

I saw your last 2 posts after I had posted 8....

What to keep in mind is that those DVDs labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes in reality each has the capacity of 4.38 GB.

What reading do you get for Space Required and Bitrate when you remove the check mark from Fit Content to Available Space....that is the Space Required that the project needs to decrease to get all that content on the 4.38 GB capacity.

More later on this if necessary.

ATR

• 10. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                            Bill in Burbank Level 1

A.T., I have tried all types of different recording modes and exporting to folders and re-importing, even when I "forced" new settings on the project in the new projects.  Nothing seems to work for the DVD recording.. It remains a bit too large.  I'm considering deleting part of the project in an attempt to bring down the size a little.  Is that all I can do at this point?

• 11. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

Deleting part of the project and shortening its duration will help.

There might be a devious way to salvage something that might have otherwise needed to go....are there any instances where you can put one file over another, example,....if you had files A, B, C, D, E. F, G, could you take G and place it over A and then scale down G so that you could see wanted parts of G and A at the same time....space sharing more or less. You could do this as many times as needed and applicable to cut down the duration and reduce the Space Required value in the burn dialog. Some good regular cutting could be factored in also.

ATR

• 12. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                Bill in Burbank Level 1

Hi A.T. -  I decided to cut\ down the project somewhat by deleting some pictures, shortening others, deleting or shortening some narrations. I cut down the run-time of the project by about 2 1/2 minutes, but what I don't understand is the "space required" for a burn INCREASED from 4.78 to 5.22 GB AFTER I shortened the project !!!!  How can that be?  ("Fit to available space" checkbox IS checked.)

Tell me, should I bother to delete any pictures and narrations I deleted from the project or just never used from "Project Assets" ?  Does the total of Project Assets have any effect on the space required for a burn?

• 13. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

Space Required will apply to your Timeline content duration. It will not pick up any files in Project Assets that are not on the Timeline. Exception....Space Required may also include menus and their assets which you do not see after you close out of the Movie Menu customization area of the program. Some of these assets may have a copy in Project Assets.

If you are using DVD disc labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes, you should not be seeing Space Required greater than the real capacity of the disc (4.38 GB) with a check mark next to the option "Fit Content To Available Space". Just so we can double check, please give me the following readings....

Space Required and Bitrate when you have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"

and

Space Required and Bitrate when you do not have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space" and the Quality Slider to all the way to the right.

I am thinking about this.....

ATR

• 14. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                    Bill in Burbank Level 1

Thanks for not giving up on me, A.T.  I have the figures you requested:

-"Fit Contents to Available Space" checked - Space required = 5.22 GB  (Bitrate 1.69 Mbps)

- Same Box unchecked with slider all the way to the left = Very Same figures for both Space Required and Bitrate

-If I slide the slider all the way to the RIGHT with the box unchecked, the figures are Space Required 24.69 GB and Bitrate of 8.00 Mbps

-If I then check the box "Fit Contents to Available Space, it reverts to 5.22 GB Space Required with a Bitrate of 1.69 Mbps, and the slider flies to the left.    Bill

• 15. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

Thanks for the values.

Is there any way that you could have added to the duration of the TImeline while you were moving around other things in the project to try for the smaller file size? From those numbers, you have a lot (really a lot, more than 2 minutes) of content cutting to get that onto one your regular DVD disc. I fear that you will grossly sacrifice the project by any significant cuts to get close to the one disc goal.

I am still thinking about that 5.22 GB bitrate at 1.69 Mbps....the "Fit Content to Available Space" cannot go lower than that...perhaps when you give the project's feature that much to do it collapses to nonsense numbers??

Any thoughts of compromising with a lot of hope that your viewers can use DVD double layer (if you can get that to work)?

ATR

• 16. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                        Bill in Burbank Level 1

But what I don't understand is that the Space Required has been 4.78 GB until I did the "cutting" last night where I cut the run-time down at least two minutes - - and the Space Required INCREASED to 5.22 GB AFTER the cutting.

As you might remember,  I thought the menu was causing me other problems, so I deleted ALL vestiges of any menu or scene markers.

I added nothing to the time-line, even checked for the "rendering markers" were at the beginning and end of the project.

I did notice that the length of the unused timeline did go to 7 hours and something, so I checked the entire unused length for "slivers" of pictures and "orphan" narrations and soundtracks which show up whenever I lay with re-arranging scenes.  I carefully deleted any I found from the end of the project to the end of the unused timeline. I don't understand how the timeline got SO long, even though it is blank.  The original project is now 32 minutes and 26 seconds long.  Before I cut it, it was 34 minutes and 50 seconds in length. So, I shortened it 2 minutes and 24 seconds, and picked up 1/2 GB of space required !   Go figure.

• 18. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                          Bill in Burbank Level 1

OK, A.T. - I just deleted a minute of run-time by cutting video clips and narration of Elephant seals frolicking near the Coast.  An entire minute. Know how much Space Required I picked up by deleting an entire minute of run-time?  It went DOWN from 5.22 GB required to 5.21 GB required !  AT this rate, if I delete almost ALL of my project, it may fit. 

• 19. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North,

That is what I was afraid of.

However, how about this? Since you first started the cuts, have you done any burn to even though those numbers are not encouraging related to Space Required and Bitrate with Fit Content to Available Space enabled?

Make sure that your computer is optimized to the max and best disc in the burner tray and see what happens. Did the Bitrate move upward from 1.69 Mbps with any of these edits (that reading when Fit Content to Available Space is enabled).

Have you tried for burn to Folder (4.7 GB) on any of these burn tos?

ATR

• 20. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                              Bill in Burbank Level 1

Hi - I can't burn if it says there is insufficient space because the "BURN" box is greyed out and when I click on it, nothing happens.

Yes, I have tried several times to burn to a folder, but then I tried either to re-import it and changed the settings and checked "Force change to settings" , but the settings turned out the same.  And I tried to burn directly from the folder with the same results about there not being enough space.  One combination I came upon was something like "AVI" pre-settings.  It burned but the quality was poor.

S0, A.T., I've come to the conclusion that - - - - unless you have an objection, I just have to bite the bullet (maybe a entire magazine of them) and start the project over with the CORRECT settings. I'm going to use the pixel settings my camera uses which are 1280 X 720.  (I told you for the troubled project I chose the 1920 X 1080 to "maximize the HD" and I THAT caused the frame rate to double from 29.97 to 59. something - - which was the cause of all my trouble.)

But I have a couple of questions if I'm going to re-do it:

1. Is there a way of setting the Audio Mixer tracks with a default setting which would set each clip as I add it rather than re-set each one manually separately later like I did.  How about a default setting for Audio Gain?  Can that be done to also affect every sound clip I add.  Would I have to do it separately for the Narration sound line and the Soundtrack line?  How?  (I would want to do the sound for each video clip separately since they are so different.)

2. Then, see if I can explain this adequately.  I have several copies of my project.  It's the picture settings that are screwed up.  What if from one of the copies for my project, I deleted ALL of the pictures and video clips - - and left only the titles, the narration line, and the soundtrack line.

Then, copy what's left (titles, narration, soundtrack - - - the sound for the videos would disappear with them)  to a folder as a new project sans pictures.  Then could I import that pictureless project to my new project (with the correct settings) in P:E 13?   Then, I could add the pictures from the Organizer which would come into the project with the correct settings, and I would have to match them with the narration and match the titles too. A tedious job, I know.  Or do you think it would be easier in the long run to just start over totally?

My friends warn me not to let this project drive me crazy.  I reply, "Too late !"     Bill

• 21. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

At this point, consider retreat and then advance refreshed, but consider...

From what you wrote, I suspect that your issue goes to bulk rather than frame size or frame rate.

If you are going to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, you are going to end up with a frame size  720 x 480 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second whether you start with 1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second or 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second.

Do you think that you can create a new project based on the Blu-ray project and still get the essence of the Blu-ray message in the DVD-VIDEO?

If not, consider the 2 disc set. Your friends will enjoy each.

We will watch for your project strategy.

ATR

• 22. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                  Bill in Burbank Level 1

Hi A.T. - I cannot get back to the precise screen where I chose the type of pre-settings to use, but it was one of the settings that specifically said it was for HD movies taken at a pixel setting of 1280 X 720 as my camera is, so I chose it and the frames/second were set at 29.97.  I can't imagine they would "dare" change those settings to a lower one having said specifically what it was for.  Please comment.

As to trying to "get the essence of the Blu-ray message in a DVD-Video", I don't know how to do that.  The program  will not let me interchange DVD stuff and Blu-ray stuff.  It will not permit me to burn a regular DVD using a Blu-ray project. There are not appropriate choices on the burn screen to do anything but what I am "supposed to" based on the project's settings, the device I'm using to burn, and the appropriate disc in the tray. It seems to detect all of that and won't let me "fudge" - - unless you know something else.

I will make a project using the new settings of 1280 X 720 for just a few pictures and titles.  Then I will "burn" that as a project and check the results for quality.  Will let you know.   Bill

• 23. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

If your camera is recording 1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second, then the project automatically or you manually set the project preset to

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD LITE 720p30

Whoever does it, when you go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, you should see

BillNorth.JPG

If you let the project do the work of selecting the project preset based on its analysis of the properties of the first file dragged to your new Timeline and it does not set the above, then you get rid of the project, open a new project and set the project preset manually to

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD LITE 720p

using the following steps

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                                                    • In Change Settings, set the project preset to the AVCHD LITE 720p30 mentioned. OK out of there.
                                                    • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                                                    • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/Files and Folders.

By essence I mean the thought rather than an actual file. You could do some copy/paste inserts using ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

But that is going to be a whole other matter.  Best try to convey the non digitized thought rather than the digitized frame.

Keep the Timeline duration down to 100 minutes and you should be OK (keep check mark next to Fit Content To Available Space). You know the keys to success as evidenced by your successful Blu-ray. So, I have no doubts that you can get this DVD-VIDEO on DVD created and shared successfully.

ATR

• 24. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                      Bill in Burbank Level 1

My settings for my new project are precisely like those you conveyed in the screen. Thank you.

I have just assembled one video clip with a title and several still pictures and burned them as though they were a project.  Then I compared the new little project to my Blu-ray.

There was a slight difference in quality in the video-clip I used, but the difference in quality in the stills was negligible.  Will consider ClipMate Copy  for the videos. Have printed it out, thank you.

I think I'm on my way.

P.S. The Timeline STILL can't import pictures from the Organizer the way it's supposed to.  When I click "Add Files". I get the old "Cannot download files. PLease check you network connection" as though it's trying to go through my Revel account or something.  By the way, I cancelled my Revel account, hoping it would help.  It didn't.  And by the way, when I just did it, it said I needed to upgrade my account because it is full; I'm guessing they mean my Revel account - - which I cancelled.  I clicked on "Ignore".

So, I have to use the work-around we developed where I go to the Organizer program; itself, click on the picture I want to import, then click on the drop-down menu "Edit with Premier Elements Editor" - which sends it not to the Editor, but directly to the end of the timeline which is where I wanted it all along.   I asked you before about this, Do you think there's something wrong with my program?  I wish I had the program disc so I could re-download it like I used to.  They used to have an account page where it would list what you had bought and licensed, and then you could re-download a program..  Don't see that page anymore either.

Bill

• 25. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

If you need new installation files for Premiere Elements 13 Windows, have you gone to the following?

Other downloads

and you can also use

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

The key to success with this 2nd choice is to read and carry out very carefully the "Note: Important Instructions" section of the web site page otherwise you will get hit with an Access Denied message. And, in those instructions, remember that web site sends you to Adobe for authentication only, you do the file downloading from this web site's web page not Adobe after you get authenticated at Adobe web site with your Adobe ID and password.

Weigh the merits of the timing of any uninstall/reinstall of 13/13.1. Make sure you have a good install of 13 before thoughts of 13.1.

ATR

• 28. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                          Bill in Burbank Level 1

I got 13.0, but cannot figure out how to get 13.1.  It's not listed anywhere?  Could it have been included in 13.0 ?

But I'm having another problem now with ClipMate.  There seems to be  a settings problem.  It says something like my clip was copied to Windows Clipboard but ClipMate didn't receive it. Then it refers me to Check Settings.  What settings?  It says something about application data.  Is it Settings in ClipMate?  I went to Settings in Help in ClipMate and could not figure out what they were talking about.

Back to what I did:  I selected the Blu-ray clip I wanted to copy from my Blu-ray project along with a title in it. It seemed to copy (I heard the sound), but then whe I loaded my NEW project I wanted to paste it to(it loaded OK), then when I went to Edit/Capture Special and clicked on it, that's when I got the message delineated above.

Where is the "application date" I have to alter in Settings?      Bill

• 29. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill North

For 13.1, go to an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

As for ClipMate, do you really need it? If so, please go back and try it again after going through those each of the steps word for word.

Then we will talk some more about the how to.

Thanks.

ATR

• 30. Re: I finished a project with the wrong frames/second preference AND the wrong display format preference. The project is now too big to burn. What can I do?
                                                              Bill in Burbank Level 1

Hi A.T. - Well, I finally re-installed PE13 the right way (I had neglected to UNinstall the old one yesterday, so it really didn't "take"; I'm so embarrassed).  I went to Other Downloads which you gave me the link to and downloaded it (again) this morning.  It "took".  It even took me to updates for updates, including 13.1.  I think I'm really up to speed with it now.

BUT, the first thing I tried was to see if it would "Add Media" the way it was supposed to. I even started up Organizer separately.  When I went to "Add Files" to add a picture, it gave me the same old messages about not being able to collect log-in info and to check my network connections. (!!)  Oddly, I tried to "add" a video clip and it did that just fine, but not the pictures. So, I tried our workaround and it worked just fine as it has for the past several weeks.

As to ClipMate, I'm not sure it's worth the time to learn it when I could be devoting the time to just re-creating my DVD. I think I saw a feature in 13.1 where you could copy a collection of pictures etc. to another project.  I don't know if it was via a folder or not. Will have to look.

I have created another new project labeled "Experimental" where I can screw around with things like this.  My new DVD with the correct settings IS underway also.  I have the Experimental Project set up with the very same settings as the new DVD project.