3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 5:44 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I add a watermark to my video in Premiere Elements 14

133leslie Level 1

I am just learning how to use Adobe Premiere Elements 14.  I have been given a .jpg of a logo that is transparent and can be used on videos.  I want to know if I can use this .jpg.  It has been added to my imported media and is on the timeline but isn't overlapping the actual video.   I also thought it should be on the title line but have no figured out how to add it.  It will have no added text or animation.  thanks.

• 1. Re: How do I add a watermark to my video in Premiere Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

133leslie

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 14 running?

The logo should be created on a transparent background and saved as a png or .psd file in order to maintain the transparency once the logo is imported into the Premiere Elements project with its Expert workspace Add Media/Files and Folders.

If you are forced into a jpeg logo for import, your hope for its use resides in being about to convert the jpeg's logo background to transparency using ChromaKey once the jpeg is imported and is on the Timeline. See Expert workspace fx Effects/Keying/ChromaKey

Once you have the logo on a transparent background in Premiere Elements 14 Expert workspace

1. Logo goes on Video Track 2  You can click on the Edit area monitor and re-position the logo as wanted.

2. Video goes on Video Track 1 directly below.

What is happening with these steps is best seen and done in the Expert workspace.

If you have the Logo.png in Pictures, you can drag and drop it from there into the Premiere Elements Quick Workspace monitor where you will get choices. If you select Place On Top. The Logo.png will go to the Titler bar above the video in the Filmstrip space below. More on that if needed.

Please consider, and then we can discuss this further.

Any questions about the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I add a watermark to my video in Premiere Elements 14
            133leslie Level 1

Thanks so much for this help.

I have a laptop with windows 7.

I was able to resale the .jpg as a .png to add the watermark onto the video but not to eliminate what appears as the black screen which covered most of the frame.  So obviously the problem is the opacity of what was supposed to be transparent already.

Any ideas? Thanks so much.

Leslie Gersing

[Personal info removed by moderator]

• 3. Re: How do I add a watermark to my video in Premiere Elements 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

133leslie

Thanks for the reply.

Could you give more detail.

You obtained a .png version of your jpeg logo, and the file was saved with the transparent background. Was the image a clean one with regard to the logo and its transparent background when it was saved and in the hard drive save location?

Miscellaneous note...Premiere Elements uses black to represent transparency.  It is possible that you lost the transparency so that, instead of transparency in Premiere Elements, you have the color black?

Both png and psd logo with transparent background should maintain that transparency in Premiere Elements project.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR