Please follow the below steps and check if this helps.
> Launch Lightroom and go to Library module
> In the left hand side, please click on All Photographs
> Check the name of any file present in your Library
> Try to search for the same file, using the file name.
Let me know whether it is able to filter the image accordingly or not
To find a large selection of images from a list you need to follow a set procedure-
As Mrinmay says- "click on All Photographs" (or the folder where all the searched images are known to exist), then-
1. Edit your "copy of file-names" list in a text editor (MS-Word) so that the list of file-names are separated by commas and delete all Paragraph markers.
2. Select this list by highlighting only the text characters with the mouse.
3. Copy the text list. [CTRL-C]
4. Click the "Text" Library filter and set it to Filename / Contains.
5. Click in the Search box and paste the list [CTRL+V]
You will see all the listed images by Filename that can be then added to a Collection.
this does not work. I put in one file with one file name and it still wont find it. I put in "wedding", CONTAINS ANYWHERE, and it should pull up lots and lots, but it doesnt.