7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 2:22 AM by iserundschmidt

Indesign CC 2015 slow

laurap1

Since upgrading to 2015 Indesign has been extremely slow. So slow in fact that it is stopping me from doing any sort of work! I have work to be done, clients yelling at me and I am losing money!

• 1. Re: Indesign CC 2015 slow
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

These questions below may be for a different product... but the KIND of information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-WITH the brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???) and exact driver version

-WITH have you recently updated to the very latest Mac or Windows operating systems?

--both Windows 10 and Mac 10.11 El Capitan have been known to cause problems

• 2. Re: Indesign CC 2015 slow
            GraphicsGeezer Level 1

I also find the new InDesign incredibly slow. I don't like using it anymore. It takes about two minutes to load on my 21-in iMac w/16Gb RAM.

I wish Adobe would make an in-design lite for people who don't want the latest features. I just want to do print design, not create a multi-media entry for some pie-in-the-sky design contest. I'd love to get a product form a company which hasn't lost touch with its users.

• 3. Re: Indesign CC 2015 slow
              Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

How many fonts do you have installed?

• 4. Re: Indesign CC 2015 slow
                GraphicsGeezer Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

Quite a few fonts if you count Creative Cloud fonts. Does that still make much difference? I have Font Agent Pro-- it says I have 186 activated on my machine, which is probably counting every variation. 

How long does your inDesign take to load and on what machine?

• 5. Re: Indesign CC 2015 slow
                  Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I don't think that Font Agent Pro will count the fonts of TypeKit.

Yes, loading fonts will cause a slow down. And what also could be that Font Agent Pro is not optimized Yet for this version. Font activating software is often causing problems, that is why I don't use it any more, as it is simple to get around without them. Try, if you experience any speed difference when working without font management software or at least without any activation plugin iin InDesign.

• 6. Re: Indesign CC 2015 slow
                    GraphicsGeezer Level 1

Thanks for your help. I'll try using just Fontbook to activate just a few fonts.

• 7. Re: Indesign CC 2015 slow
                      iserundschmidt

We had the same problem with inDesign CC 2015 on OSX10.11.3. Especially during transforming and resizing images.

It seems like the software doesn't work properly with the graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 M395X).
                      After switching back to CC 2014 the problem was solved. That's no real solution I guess, hope this will be fixed soon.