• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access is denied" for printer properties after installing Adobe Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a problem when I install Adobe Acrobat DC (from my Creative Cloud account), and can confirm it also happens when installing old Acrobat versions (8 and 9, which my school already owns).

After Adobe Acrobat DC is installed, as soon as I try to print to physical printers, I get an error:

error.jpg

I can confirm it happens in every computer I have tried as a troubleshooting method (keeping in abidance with the software license).

My school printers have the following setup:

-Printers are shared by a Linux server using CUPS.

-Printing is billed by PaperCut software.

When we add printers, those are the steps we follow:

-Network printer ("not in the list...").

-Location: https://printerserverfqdn:631/printers/printername.

-CUPS asks for an username and password: username/password.

-The wizard asks for the printer drivers, and then it finishes.

You double-click your printer icon, and the spool is shown.

After installing Adobe Acrobat, when you double click the printer you get the error popup "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access is denied".

Fire up printmanagement.msc, navigate to Print Servers -> computer-Name (local) -> Ports. There you'll see the printer port (https://printerserverfqdn:631/printers/printername), right click, select "Configure Port..." and... you'll be asked again for the username/password.

Hence, it seems the Adobe Acrobat installer somewhat resets the printer properties, making them "forget" about the username/password that was setup by the IT team.

Any advice...? Having to reconfigure every printer for prospective Adobe Acrobat users is not an option...

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the steps mentioned below:

Manually install the PDF Printer

• Click Start >  Control Panel > Devices and Printers
  • Select Add a printer
  • Select Add a local printer
  • Check Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down.  Click Next
  • Click the Have Disk… button
  • Click the Browse… button
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF
  • Select AdobePDF.inf from the list, then click the OK button
  • You will see many Adobe PDF Converters in the list, however count six down from the top and click Next (you may need to try this numerous times to find the correct Converter from the list that works with your version of Windows)
  • Name your printer, e.g. Adobe PDF

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply but those steps are not related with my issue: after I install Adobe Acrobat (the software), every Windows printer set up in my computer is reset and lose the username/password required by the network printer server. How can adding a printer by hand repair what a software installation did??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines