• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player is very slow in Chome

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Facebook flash games are very slow in Chrome browser after update.

For example, mouse click response appear a few seconds in game.

Which one does have a problem?? Can't solve it?

Chome version : 46.0.2490.71 m

Flash player version : 19.0.0.226 (PPAPI)

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this shit too, really annoying thing

Adobe guys, hope u can say something about this damn problem.

P.S. This is not only Chrome, but global flashplayer trouble. 19 version just have much more lags

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started with version 19.0.0.185. Please, fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share any game URL for which issue occurs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URL of lagging game:

http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2
Set game settings to max (including 60 FPS) and play first level. Once you see alive enemy - shot using weapon binded to key 2. You will notice that screen is not updating during complex calculations but sounds is played well. Test it in Firefox and you will see how it should work and was working before changes made to Pepper Flash Player / Flash Player.

--

Exact same problem here and not just for me.

PepperFlash version Flash Player started to lag in really bad way when running in Google Chrome (and possibly in Opera).

I noticed it when I got contacted by multiple players of my game. I was able to repeat this bug on my computer.

It literally can drop frames for few seconds in case of low performance. It looks like game freezes but sounds and application logic still are being played as usually.

From the other side in Firefox Flash Player lags a little bit when complex calculations occur and does not stop screen refresh.

My configuration: Windows 7, Google Chrome (46.0.2490.71 m), Flash Player (v19.0.0.226).

Configuration of players who contacted me: Windows 10, Google Chrome / Opera.

It seems like it happens to my game and other games too. Through my game was remaining unchanged for a pretty long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forbidden Garden on Facebook | Facebook

If you go to the store and quickly clicking through the tabs, when you release the mouse, it is still a few seconds clicks. It should come with chrome on a slow computer. In the 18th player game is just a little slow, the clicks that do not have time to be processed, skipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

we tried reproducing the issue on chrome with game https://apps.facebook.com/forbiddengarden/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=1&fb_bmpos=_1 but could not see any performance lag. Is the lag ,visible after playing for a significant amount of time?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I didn't expirienced much noticable lag on Forbidden Garden game either. Unlike the lag I can expirience every time at Plazma Burst 2 game I've been talking about previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try playing a puzzle in Dragon King Mahjong: https://apps.facebook.com/dragonkingmahjong/

Or go to the fan page to see how many people are being affected by this issue: Dragon King Mahjong

The problem only affects some users, so you might not easily reproduce it on your computer. You might need to find the repro steps in your test lab.  From the many comments and messages we are receiving, our users are clearly experiencing sever performance problems after the .226 Flash update.  We see similar issues on games both on and off Facebook, so the Facebook tag is misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Couldn't reproduce the issue with game Dragon King. Could you please state after playing the game for how much time or level do you see the issue?

Could you please upgrade your chrome to 47 and verify if the issue still occurs?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made another tests in Google Chrome 47.0.2526.27 beta-m (64-bit) with built-in Flash Player 19.0.0.226 but unfortunately problem is still here. As for me problem does not seem to be facebook-only. Or is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kratika Agarwal: If you have an affected system, the performance issue is immediate, you do not need to play the game for more than a few seconds to see the problem.  As I said in my earlier post, not all users are affected, so you might not be able to repro easily on your system.  If you follow one of the many support pages where users are reporting problems (such as the Dragon King Mahjong page I linked to in the previous post), it is very clear that this is a global Flash player issue.  This problem has existed for two weeks, and affects many games and many users, and needs to be resolved asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran the update on Ubuntu Mint and seriously pissed.  All flash player games on Games Online – Play Free Online Games | Royalgames.com run like crap.. with slow mouse response time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied on October 28th, but we have heard nothing more.  Is this issue being addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By some reason I started to have an idea of asking somebody to stream Flash Player problems 24/7 on Twitch.tv until all of them are fixed. Because those are added all the time and never seem to get attention or fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is recorded demonstration of this bug
Dodge The Lazers!!! | Plazma Burst: Foward To The Past: Part Two - YouTube (skip to 16:50)

In reality it can happen all the time if player has not as good computer as this player had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Household on Facebook | Facebook

This game to is really slow and the cursor is all wacky. I was told it was due to a glitch in the new version of Adobe Flash in Google Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact same problem too with online and local flash game files (.swf and .exe) ever since I got my ASUS Windows 10 laptop this spring.

Exact same specs:

Browser: Chrome

Browser version: 46.0.2490.71 m

Flash version: 19.0.0.226 PPAPI

The main game series I'm concerned about this working for is Submachine, for example Submachine 9 at http://mateuszskutnik.com/submachine/submachine_9.swf. It runs slower than it did on my old computer (a Windows Vista). And the downloadable executable file for Submachine 9 is almost unbearable to play (main concern: the sliding motion between screens).

Sorry zeorymoney for hijacking your post, but I have been concerned with this issue for months now and would love to fix it. Also by posting the above games I hope this relates to your problem and anyone else who has this problem.

For me only flash game files work poorly, not other things like YouTube. Again, sorry for jacking the post, but I saw the opportunity and took it. Hopefully others who have the same problem can share their details in this thread if their problems match up, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not just facebook games.  my game on games.co.uk (family barn) is at least 20 seconds behind my initial click.  its unplayable at the moment.  they offered a fix on macromedia support forum but its gone now probably cos it didnt fix it  anyway.  come on Adobe -there must be a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try browser called opera.  its worked for me but im not on facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but Opera yielded the same results for me.

In case I didn't make it clear, (and no, I'm not calling you or anyone else out ) Flash is slow on local files for me as well (what Midius was referring to). I bought the Submachine games a while back and with the new Flash player everything seems to have slowed down. So I'm thinking that it truly is a Flash issue and not browser-based (at least, for me and Midius anyway). But I'm still confused about what differs between Internet Flash and global Flash (local files) and how it affects one or the other, so I might be wrong.

I am not on Facebook so I can't say the same for Facebook games, but I imagine the problem can't be any better there, considering I've run into problems with Flash lag on Kongregate, Armor Games, Freewebarcade, Pastel Games...

Responses appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In consideration of OP I'm going to start a new topic primarily for Flash games outside of Facebook, so this thread isn't "cluttered" with my issues. Hope everything goes well here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the community manager for a gaming publisher, I have received numerous reports of this for one of our Facebook games, Hidden Express: Hidden Express on Facebook | Facebook. All reports come from users running Chrome 46.x with PPAPI 19.0.0.226. The reports started rolling in on October 16th, which does not coincide with any of our updates/patches/code changes. Despite 3 weeks of investigating and making optimizations and fix attempts, our engineers have been unable to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @thumpr-_-

Is there a bug logged with reproduction steps at https://bugbase.adobe.com?  Is this happening on Windows, Mac, or both?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the prompt reply. We haven't filed a bug just yet because the team was making every effort possible to resolve the issue on our end before blaming Flash...then we found this thread (and a few others around the web). The problem is, we have the same problem you do -- we can't repro locally, but I have too many users reporting this to think it's not a widespread issue. So far, all reports have come from Windows 7 through 10 users. My next course of action is to distribute the debug version of v20 to see if it will either fix the issue, or at least give our engineers an indication as to what the specific problem may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines