6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 6:25 AM by khatwani

Error Lightroom: You can not create the required folder

viviang72228506

Hello,

I'm having an error with the Lightroom program. I installed from Creative Cloud application and seems to be all right. When I open the program I get the error:

There was an internal error. You can not create the required folder: / Users / lived / Library / Aplication Support / Adobe / Lightroom / Metadata Presets.

Captura de pantalla 2015-10-21 a las 10.23.48 a.m..png

Report an error by chat, but apparently there are problems and not receive messages from operators. They were working on my files internally and now have problems because the app tells me that some files can not be synchronized.

Can someone help me? Please

• 1. Re: Error Lightroom: You can not create the required folder
          dj_paige Level 9

You don't have write permission in your operating system to that specific folder. Change your permissions.

• 2. Re: Error Lightroom: You can not create the required folder
            khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi viviang,

Greetings!!!

This is a permission issue.

Try giving permissions to both the Libraries (System Library & user Library) and the Applications folder.

For Applications Folder

---------------------------------

Open Finder

On the left panel you will find applications folder ->  right click on that (CTRL + Click) and then click on Get Info.

At the bottom you will find sharing and permissions - Click on that

You will find a Lock icon at the bottom right , please click on that lock icon and then it might ask you for your mac password, please put in that.

Now click on the small plus(+) icon and then add the users that you want , Please make sure that you are adding the admin account as well.

Provide read and write permissions to all.

Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the get info window and then choose "Apply to enclosed items "  This will pop a message that changes cannot be undone- click OK to that.

This will apply privileges and that might take a bit time depending upon the size of folder.

once done , Click on lock icon and then close the get info window.

Done with applications folder here.

For User Library

-----------------------

Open Finder

Click on Go at the top and then select "Go to folder"

type "~/Library" and press go

Right Click(CTRL + click) on the the Library folder, if you are inside that library you can right click (ctrl + click) at blank space between the folders and then click on Get Info

You will find a Lock icon at the bottom right , please click on that lock icon and then it might ask you for your mac password, please put in that.

Now click on the small plus(+) icon and then add the users that you want , Please make sure that you are adding the admin account as well.

Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the get info window and then choose "Apply to enclosed items "  This will pop a message that changes cannot be undone- click OK to that.

This will apply privileges and that might take a bit time depending upon the size of folder.

Done with user library folder here.

For System Library

----------------------------

Open Finder

Click on Go at the top and then select "Go to folder"

type "/Library" and press go

Right Click(CTRL + click) on the the Library folder, if you are inside that library you can right click (ctrl + click) at blank space between the folders and then click on Get Info

Done with System library folder here.

Please let me know if that works

Please Note : Do not just right click on complete MAC HD and provide full permissions that can make MAC in no boot mode.

Regards

Jitendra Khatwani

• 3. Re: Error Lightroom: You can not create the required folder
              viviang72228506 Level 1

Thank you very much to all for the help.

I've done everything I said and seems to work properly. The only thing that worries me is that operators yesterday modified files on my Creative Cloud, now appears to be installed in lightroom Creative Cloud and some files appear to be impossible to synchronize.

Not that way change the location of the installation of the hard disk Lightroom my Mac. And not that way synchronize the remaining files, which apparently are more than 10 files.

Captura de pantalla 2015-10-21 a las 2.09.04 p.m..png

• 4. Re: Error Lightroom: You can not create the required folder

You are Welcome.

I did not get this question .

Can you please elaborate that ?

Regards

Jitendra

• 5. Re: Error Lightroom: You can not create the required folder
                  viviang72228506 Level 1

Apologies Jitendra, I do not speak English fluently. I am using a translator.

Now everything seems to work correctly with the program, thank you.

I am concerned is that the operators of Adobe, yesterday modified files on my Creative Cloud. Lightroom is now installed on my Creative Cloud file space, and there are files that are not synchronized (more than 10 program files).

How I can change the installation location of the Lightroom to the hard drive on my Mac? and how I can synchronize the missing files?

Thank you

• 6. Re: Error Lightroom: You can not create the required folder

Hi ,

By default, your Creative Cloud apps are installed in the Program Files folder (Windows) or the Applications folder (Mac OS).

You can change the default install location, although it is not generally recommended. Open the Creative Cloud desktop app and click the gear icon at the top right of the window. Choose Preferences > Apps > Install location > Change. Navigate to the desired location and click Open. Your new install location will appear in the menu.

Also you can put the files in creative cloud files folder and turn the sync on.

Regards

Jitendra