would suggest you to follow the below steps :
1. Click on help menu under Lightroom and choose sign out and quit Lightroom
2. go to the below location :
- Windows : C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\
- Mac : /Users/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data
* User library is hidden by default on mac. You need to go to Finder and click on Go menu and press and hold the option key to activate user library
3. Rename sync.lrdata to sync-old.lrdata
4. Sign out and sign in back to Lightroom Mobile as well on Iphone
5. Launch Lightroom again on your machine and sign in and check if you are able to see the synced images on desktop.
I did try you possible solution and I still am not able to sync the photos from the iPhone and cloud to my lightroom desktop. The first time I tried your recommendation, here is what I noticed
* the "collections" on the desktop were created but with clear (zero files) in them
* the collections on mobile were cleared out to match the zero files in the desktop (not sure how sync works - I assume it looks at the most recent updates of files)/
* on my iPhone (Lightroom mobile) I moved the files back into the collections even created two new collections and I performed your procedure once again. The collection names were populated on LIghtroom desktop but no photos have been updated.
* On my lightroom desktop, above the identity plate, it says "Syncing 284 photos"
I should have mentioned I am using Windows 10 on my PC and Lightroom CC 2015.2.1 release on the desktop.
Sadly, I still have not been able to get it to work. any other suggestions?
well I started all over again. This time instead of having starting with categories on my iPhone LR, I created the categories on my LR desktop. I populated them with the photos and the categories were populated on my phone. Now, I took a few photos with my phone, created a new category on my phone and the issue still remains. The photos from my iPhone have been updated to the ligtroom.adobe.com site but not to my LR desktop. I see a "new" collection in LR desktop with the name that I created on my iPhone and the identity plate says "Syncing 3 photos" but no photos get updated.
Thanks for the update.
I would suggest you to go under Pictures\Lightroom\Mobile Downloads.lrdata and make sure that Mobile Downloads.lrdata folder has full read and write permissions.
thanks again. I didn't find any file called Mobile Downloads.lrdata but I did look at the permissions on sync.lrdata and they seemed fine.