9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 2:22 PM by Jao vdL

Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?

mcginleyphoto

I have the latest version of lightroom and camera raw, but in my colour profiles which are working for my D700 that use ACR 4.6 (9.2 currently installed). Just bought a D600 and lightroom isn't letting me select the relevant ACR colour profile, this is critical to my work flow is there a work around?

Thanks

Paul

• 1. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
          khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi mcginleyphoto,

Greetings!!!

Are you talking about the lens correction ?

I am not able to get your question, please elaborate that more with exact workflow.

Regards

Jitendra

• 2. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
            mcginleyphoto Level 1

Hi, Jitendra

I want to make a custom preset to match that of my other cameras, in the Develop > Camera Calibration module, it does not give me the option to select the latest ACR in the Profile tab. it only shows the Adobe standard and nikon presets. I have 3 other cameras and they all allow the selection of the ACR profile however the D600 does not? Strange as it is not a new camera.

The image below is what shows for the D600.

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 00.36.27.png

Regards

Paul

• 3. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
              mcginleyphoto Level 1

Hi, Jitendra, no it is the camera calibration module i am having trouble with, above is the what it offers me for the Nikon D600, the image below is what I see for my D700 and others, Why are they different?

Regards, Paul

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 18.14.34.png

• 4. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
                Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Hi Paul,

The camera profiles you see for the D600 are the correct profiles and correct number of profiles Lightroom offers for that camera. It doesn't have quite the amount of v4 profiles that you see with the D700. D700 has more profiles you can choose from.

What you see is correct.

Regards,

Pete

• 5. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
                  Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The ACR 4.6 profile you see for the D700 is only there for backward compatibility for files edited a long time ago and was created using a different calibration technique than Adobe now uses as I understand it. ACR 4.6 is very old and never supported the D600 as that camera wasn't out at that time so there is no ACR 4.6 profile. For your D700, you also see certain v4 profiles. Those are there because for certain cameras including the D700, there were issues with highlight rendering. The v4 profiles fixed those for some time but now the v4 and unnamed profiles should be very close. The default Lightroom profile nowadays for all new cameras is "Adobe Standard". For certain major brands you also get Camera Standard and such. Those are designed to mimic the camera's jpeg rendering. I generally have camera standard set as the default for most of my cameras but that is personal taste I think.

• 6. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
                    DdeGannes Level 5

The earlier versions of Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom named the Adobe Standard Profiles according to the name the ACR version they were introduced.

So for my Olympus E20 which I purchased in 2002 I have several profiles ACR 2.4 the original profile when the camera was first supported, ACR 4.4 an updated profile which was introduced by ACR 4.4, then a subsequent update Adobe Standard which was introduced in a later version of ACR when the naming convention was changed.

There are no Camera matching profiles specific to this camera model since it is earlier to the date LR / ACR started this procedure.

See the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 9.28.22 PM.png

• 7. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
                      mcginleyphoto Level 1

Thanks guys, yeah I realised the 4.3 is an older version, I was just expecting to see version 7.3 or above for the D600, the in camera process modes i find all of them seem to crush my black levels giving the files less latitude than it got with the ACR profile, I preferred the flat greyish tones from the ACR mode on my other cameras, to me meant less tweaking of custom profiles/curves etc. Its not the end of the world I will try create something that matches all my cameras with Adobe Standard for now, always felt with the D700 anyway I got all sorts of strange, very slight hues with Adobe standard. 99% probably wouldn't notice!

Thanks guys for your help

Paul

• 8. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
                        keano1234 Level 1

I am doing a tutorial and the guy took pics with the Nikon D700 so it has the v.4 profiles which look great. How can I get these profiles to show for my D750? The don't show v.4 for my images.

• 9. Re: Nikon d600, no ACR camera raw colour profile in lightroom?
                          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are no v4 profiles for your camera afaik. There were v4 profiles for the older D700 as there were some issues with highlight rendering with that early on when it was introduced that were fixed with the later versions. No such problem with the D750 ones I believe.