3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 11:23 AM by Newsgroup_User

How to Show a Text Box After Transition?

Kurrykid Level 3
      I have a title (text box) for a Datagrid that I want to come on the screen AFTER the transition to the new state takes place. Right now, it pops on before the transition happens (it is only in the new state through addChild). How can I make it wait until after the transition has completed before it comes on the screen?

Thanks.

Dave
        • 1. Re: How to Show a Text Box After Transition?
          Peter Hahmann Level 1
          You could use a custom event that is dispatched after the transition.
          If you give me more details, I could give you a better answer!

Regards,
          peter
          • 2. Re: How to Show a Text Box After Transition?
            Kurrykid Level 3
            I am having a datagrid come on through a transition (see the code). I just want the text to come on after the transition...otherwise the text pops up on top of another datagrid before it's moved. The state name is "day". So One satagrid grid transitions up revealing the other datagrid. I am just trying to put a Title above the datagrid that is revealed.

Thanks Peter.

Dave
            • 3. Re: How to Show a Text Box After Transition?
              Level 7

"Kurrykid" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gqvrio$31k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >I have a title (text box) for a Datagrid that I want to come on the screen
              > AFTER the transition to the new state takes place. Right now, it pops on
              > before the transition happens (it is only in the new state through
              > addChild).
              > How can I make it wait until after the transition has completed before it
              > comes
              > on the screen?

If you set its blendMode to "layer" it will transition in with everything
              else in the State.

HTH;

Amy