4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 3:00 PM by mradcliff111

App Error requires Shockwave Player 11?

Hello,
      I made a standard Mac projector and published it. On my desktop all works dandy, however when I burn it to a CD I get this Application Error;
      This application requires Shockwave Player 11, which can not be found. Click on OK to download it.

First off I'm confused since I chose the Standard projector and Not the Shockwave in the Publishing settings. Second it plays fine until it's burned to a CD.
      Any help would be great!
      Thanks a bunch. :o)>
        • 1. Re: App Error requires Shockwave Player 11?
          Level 7
          Did you exclude xtras? It may be that your projector requires an xtra
          that you didn't bundle into it and this is causing it to throw the
          dialog message.
          • 2. Re: App Error requires Shockwave Player 11?
            Level 7
            > It may be that your projector requires an xtra
            > that you didn't bundle into it and this is causing it to throw the
            > dialog message.

From your previous thread I might guess that it's Buddy API cited in
            the dialog? If so, prior to publishing you should go to (menu) Modify ->
            Movie -> Xtras..., add Buddy API to the list and ensure "Include in
            Projector" is checked for it.
            • 3. Re: App Error requires Shockwave Player 11?
              Level 1
              Hello Sean!
              I tried to embed the Buddy API xtra like you suggested but got the same error message. Originally I had the Xtra in an Xtra's folder.
              I know it's just a learning curve I'm having with the Mac and Director 11. LOL
              I wished it was as easy as the PC side of this project.
              • 4. Re: App Error requires Shockwave Player 11?
                Level 1
                Hello Sean,

So I tried what you suggested and still same issue. So I went and downloaded the Shockwave11 anyway and now I get a new error. The dreaded 'Unable to load movie playlist. Does the INI file exsist? It must contain a section '(Movies)' with an entry 'Movies01=pathname.dir'.

I know something is missing on the burned CD, I just don't know what.
                I located the INI files and included them with the burn but they aren't recognized. (they are grey'd out on CD) I don't remember having this much difficulty making the transition from Director 9 to 10. Starting to wish I would have stuck with 10 after all these issues.

Any Ideas?