3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 8:10 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I remove unwanted elements from screen

TheoRichel Level 1

I have some clips where the screen also shows the camera settings (text (time info, resolution, sound info). Is it possible to erase these texts and then fill the empty space with later parts from that same clip that are clean?

Many thanks

• 1. Re: How do I remove unwanted elements from screen
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TheoRichel

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Are these unwanted objects distributed over the frame or in one place at a frame edge?

Without further information, I am thinking about the possibility of using fx Effects/keying/and one of the garbage mattes for this.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I remove unwanted elements from screen
            TheoRichel Level 1

Thank you. I am on PE 9 and Windows 10 64 I attach a screenshot. I want to get rid of the text on screen. I do have footage of other moments in this interview without the text, and with the camera and the interviewee in the same stable position.CaptureTextOnScrn.PNG

• 3. Re: How do I remove unwanted elements from screen
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TheoRichel

Thanks for the reply with a sampling of the image whose background you want to take to transparency to replace the original background.

In view of

I do have footage of other moments in this interview without the text, and with the camera and the interviewee in the same stable position.

garbagematte.JPG

Edit Header/Effects/Video Effects/Keying/Sixteen-Point Garbage Matte.

Garbage Matte version on Video 2

Same without text on Video 1

Not sure if any of this is really going to work for your purposes, but if images with text for fleeting moments, consider freeze frame that you can take into Photoshop Elements, edit freeze frame to remove text (cloning et al), and then return the edited freeze frame to the Premiere Elements project to be placed over original with text.

I do not know if I could get the Keying Effect named Difference Matte to work for us here. Need to thing about that one.

Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/effects-reference.html#keying

Click on See More at the beginning and go to the Keying Section.

The above is my latest exploration and experimentation on this.

ATR