5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 7:48 PM by mod67170523

Importing Issues

mod67170523

I currently use a Mac and I'm using the lightroom version 5.7.1. I am having major issues while trying to import my photos. The first issue I have is that it is taking an excessive amount of time to import my photos and so long now that it times out and does not import all the photos. Secondly, the photos that are getting imported, half of them the images are distorted. The images either do not come all the way through or they are imported upside down. Is any one familiar with this issue?

• 1. Re: Importing Issues
          rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Himod67170523,

Greetings.

• From where are you importing the images ?
          • Which version of Mac OS X ?
          • What happens if you create a new catalog and import images in it ?

Regards

Rohit

• 2. Re: Importing Issues
            dj_paige Level 9

mod67170523 wrote:

I currently use a Mac and I'm using the lightroom version 5.7.1. I am having major issues while trying to import my photos. The first issue I have is that it is taking an excessive amount of time to import my photos and so long now that it times out and does not import all the photos. Secondly, the photos that are getting imported, half of them the images are distorted. The images either do not come all the way through or they are imported upside down. Is any one familiar with this issue?

This is a hardware malfunction. There is a good chance that your card reader has malfunctioned (although it could be other hardware, such as a bad camera card). Try importing the photos using a different card reader or by connecting the camera to the computer by cable.

• 3. Re: Importing Issues
              mod67170523 Level 1

Hi rpandita and dj_paige,

I am importing them from my camera using a cable. I am using the Mac OS X version 10.7.5. I have not attempted to create a new catalog.

• 4. Re: Importing Issues
                dj_paige Level 9

Then try a different cable or a card reader. Try a different camera card. Try importing to an entirely different computer.

• 5. Re: Importing Issues
                  mod67170523 Level 1

ok I will try that, thanks