6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 11:27 AM by ContentManagement

everything on one slide

ContentManagement
      My coworker and I are using captivate 3.0. When I recorded, the actions are distributed on multiple slides. However her recording is displayed on one slide without mouse movement as I have. Do you know the reason? I compare our recording settings and can''t find differences. Thanks!
        • 1. Re: everything on one slide
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi there

When you look at the film strip in her editor, do you see a large camcorder icon?

If so, hers has been recorded using Full Motion capture while yours was recorded using the traditional capture that grabs each screen and makes it a separate slide.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: everything on one slide
            ContentManagement Level 1
            Hi Rick,

Thanks for your quick reply! I just reproduced her issue with my Captive 3.0. You are totally right!!
            • 3. Re: everything on one slide
              Hello again

I'm pleased to have helped you solve the mystery.

Just as an FYI, the screen by screen method is vastly superior to the Full Motion method for a host of different reasons.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: everything on one slide
                Hi Rick,

Thanks for reminding me. I remember my another coworker has red screen issue and I found the suggestion is not use Full Motion mode. I checked his recording today and found it is recorded in Full Motion mode. I am wondering when to use Full Motion mode? Since I didn't see any benefit of it. It has no capability to edit the video as traditional screen capture.
                • 5. Re: everything on one slide
                  Hi again

Quite Frankly I think Full Motion mode was added in order to compete with products such as Camtasia Studio.

Even in slide-by-slide recording mode you have a possibility of entering Full Motion capture by using any clicks and drags.

* Dragging a Window from one place to another
                  * Selecting across some text
                  * Dragging the thumb or "elevator" of a scroll bar

Captivate will then co-mingle these brief bits of full motion with the slide-by-slide.

As you have said, it's not very flexible. What if you need to edit some sensitive information out? Perhaps a client account number? Stupid simple in slide-by-slide and next to impossible in Full Motion.

Cheers... Rick
                  • 6. Re: everything on one slide
                    Thank you, Rick! I am glad that we chose Captivate. I found that this software is very easy to use. I did lots of video edits after the video is done. Thanks again! You have a good day!