2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 6:19 PM by jc46957964

2015 render crash on last frame with alpha

jc46957964

Problem:

I render with Motion Blur on, create an animation that goes off screen, leaving a full screen alpha. In previous AE no problems, in 2015 once it hits that full alpha frame it hangs.

The workaround was to clip the timeline 1 frame short of the 100% alpha frame, then it rendered. It shouldn't crash on a full frame alpha and I have done this many many times before without this happening.

That's my work around, if anyone else has had the same issue hope this helps.

Also when are we getting multicore processing back?

I am having to revert to 2014 just because of that, as my main Adobe application I should get my money back for this years "upgrades".

• 1. Re: 2015 render crash on last frame with alpha
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

jc46957964 wrote:

Also when are we getting multicore processing back?

I am having to revert to 2014 just because of that, as my main Adobe application I should get my money back for this years "upgrades".

You could work in CC 2015 and open that project file to render in CC 2014. That's what I often do. Although, sometimes CC 2015 renders faster. I haven't figured out what that's about yet...

jc46957964 wrote:

Problem:

I render with Motion Blur on, create an animation that goes off screen, leaving a full screen alpha. In previous AE no problems, in 2015 once it hits that full alpha frame it hangs.

I'd suggest filing a bug report. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

What format and codec are you rendering to? Is it a network drive or a local drive to which you're rendering? Does it hang when you're simply previewing?

• 2. Re: 2015 render crash on last frame with alpha
            jc46957964 Level 1

Bug report is in, works if I clip that last frame in the timeline, but may miss some motion blur when the element exits the frame.