9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 2:58 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?

sammys94130512

I am new to Adobe Premier Elements.  How do I delete an image and replace it in an EPK Video?

• 1. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sammys

Are you able to import this "EPK" video into a Premiere Elements project at this time?

If so, what version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system it is running? What are the properties of this video that does import?

Where is this EPK (electronic press kit) now - on a DVD disc with files describing resume and talents along with high quality photos and videos? Is the EPK out of the equation at this point and you have one of its videos or photos on your computer hard drive?

I have not worked with EPK files. We may be able to rip files from the EPK on DVD disc, but I am not sure about the logistics of replacing the ripped file back in the EPK.

Would need more information. If you go online there is one web site that seem to have numerous tutorials on EPK video.

Please consider and supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
            sammys94130512 Level 1

I have Premiere Elements 12...Free Trial.  I need to be able to edit video file to replace a contact information page on the video.  I have imported the file already.  The EPK has video and audio so I need to replace the contact information with our messing up the audio file.

• 3. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

sammys

Thanks for the follow up.

When you import this EPK, what are you importing - a video file (mp4 or mov) with video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio, and bitrate? If the contact information is a portion of the video, then you will need to trim the old out and fill in that space on the Timeline with the new. But, where is the new supposed to be coming from - some sort of jpg document from another program - or are you planning on creating this new contact information as a file created in the project's Titler and placed on the Timeline in the empty space created by deletion of the old contact information segment?

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
                sammys94130512 Level 1

I am importing a MP4 video file and I need to replace a current from with a new PDF document

• 5. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sammys

Thanks for the additional information.

The problem here is that Premiere Elements 12/12.1 or any version does not support PDF document file.

Can you convert the new PDF to jpeg or create the contact information in a jpeg file?

There should be no problem cutting out selectively the contact information segment in the Timeline video and inserting contact information (with appropriate frame size and format) in the space created by the removal of the old contact information.

If that is a can do operation, I will go into more details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
                    sammys94130512 Level 1

ok.  i have a jpg file .... how do I cut out the old segment and add in the new information (with appropriate frame size and format)

• 7. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

sammys

Thanks for the reply with the additional information.

Keep in mind that if you are working from the Premiere Elements 12 tryout, your export will have the Adobe watermark on it. That Adobe watermark cannot be removed in an export to file or burn to disc product. You can remove the Adobe watermark from the tryout project file after you purchase the program. You open the tryout project file in the purchased program - to do that, in the Edit area Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files, then render Timeline. Some of us have found that we can just import the tryout project file into the purchased program and the Adobe watermark disappears automatically.

Your project settings are supposed to match the properties of that .mp4 video file that you imported. Let us say that your video has a frame size of 1920 x 1080.

Then you want you jpeg 1920 x 1080. You import that into the project (Expert workspace...Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets) and drag it to the space created by the cut out of the section with the old contact information.

The quickest way to cut the video...move the Timeline Indicator (red stem with blue head) to the beginning of the selected file's segment to go and hit Ctrl+K or click on the scissors tab on the red stem of the Timeline Indicator. Then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of that segment to go and click Ctrl+K or....

Right click the segment, select Delete.

Then with your mouse curse drag the replacement contact information from Project Assets to the space in the Timeline content. Depending on the circumstances you may want to hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you add content to an existing Timeline content.

For export, see Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = one of the MP4 choices. For this 1920 x 1080 model, look at MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 (if you are in an NTSC setup).

Please consider. If questions anywhere along the way with the above, please let us know and we will clarify where indicated.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
                        sammys94130512 Level 1

Thank you.  I am having trouble getting the transition in the video and it is also cutting off my audio.

• 9. Re: How do I delete and replace a slide in an EPK video?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

sammys

Thanks for the reply.

About the audio....not sure if you mean that you are losing sound in your project or that when you cut the Timeline video, you are cutting both the video and audio portions not just the video portion with the contact information. Assuming it is the latter

1. Right click the video and select Unlink Audio and Video.

2. Go to the Timeline content, select the Video portion and then do your cutting in the selected Video portion.

If you mean that your overall editing is causing Timeline audio problems, then we need to get into more details beyond the cuts.

What is the problem placing the transition - are you having problem getting alignment placement (Left Clip, Between Clips, Right Clip) or something else.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR