8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 9:27 AM by SyrinxGC

Flickr upload, multi word tag and synonyms problems

SyrinxGC

I am not sure for how long but I just discovered that the tags of my latest photos looks different in Flickr than those of my older ones.

I tag the photos in Lightroom (CC) and have always been uploading with the built in Flickr upload app.

I always tag my photos with my name - Stein Arne Jensen. On older photos everything looks OK but on my latest upload today the name tag has been changed into 3 separate tags.

Do I have to include double quote marks on every multi word tags in my keyword list in Lightroom?

I shoot a lot of bird photos and always include the birds name in 10-15 languages. In Lightroom they are stored as synonyms to the original Norwegian name I use for sorting my photos. On older photos these are all OK. On new updates - no synonyms :-(

I do this also to make the photos as searchable as possible in Google. I read that Flickr read multi word tags as without spaces. What about Google?

Scientific and many other bird names consist of 2-3 words such as family, species and subspecies. What will happens to these if they are spread alphabetically as separate words!

How can I make things work the way they did earlier.

Why has things changed at all???

This is REALLY frustrating!

[Moved from the generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]