6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 5:31 PM by A.T. Romano

the program doesnt render the video and stops me from editing once i add the video

matt806

Anyone have a fix for this? I get that it's a large file and I assure you it's not my hardware. I thought since it had 4k support it could handle a 720p  file that's about an hour and a half (I've tried cutting it down) but every time I get it into the program it doesn't render the video. So I can't cut or edit it very well when I have no clue what part of the video I'm on.

• 1. Re: the program doesnt render the video and stops me from editing once i add the video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

matt806

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running? From your comments, I am assuming that you are working with Premiere Elements 12/12.1, 13/13.1, or 14.

Please explain "cannot render". Are you working in the Expert workspace?

Do the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the entire Timeline duration that you want to render to get the best possible preview?

Are you setting the project preset manually or letting the project set it automatically based on its analysis of the properties of the first file dragged to its Timeline?

When the video arrives at the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1, is there no colored line over it or an orange line over it?

Where are the Scratch Disks for Video Previews saved, and how much free hard drive space is at that location? See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and its Video Previews category.

What is this 720p file ---1280 x 720 @ what progressive frame rate -- file extension, video compression, audio compression....?

What is the project preset for this project according to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General?

Please consider. Then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: the program doesnt render the video and stops me from editing once i add the video
            matt806 Level 1

I'm currently using premiere elements 14. I was not in expert mode, though

it is the mode I needed to use, I was in the quick option. When I say it

doesn't render, what I mean is that the video was added, and it would not

play past the first cut or edit. After I made any modification the video

would cease. I wasn't using any of the presets at the time and I have 3

terabytes free in the hard drive. The video type was mpeg-ts at 30 frames

per second.

• 3. Re: the program doesnt render the video and stops me from editing once i add the video
              matt806 Level 1

also its an orange bar at the top now. after making a cut to the video, it now refuses to play the video, and there is no sound when its "playing"adobe premiere.png

• 4. Re: the program doesnt render the video and stops me from editing once i add the video
                matt806 Level 1

I just found this. why when i put adobe on my A: drive it is trying to write within my C: driveadobe premiere.png

• 5. Re: the program doesnt render the video and stops me from editing once i add the video
                  matt806 Level 1

I am now only editing a minute of video and it still wont play at the top. I have the audio going but why wont the video go. like seriously. I paid 100$ for a program that wont work..

• 6. Re: the program doesnt render the video and stops me from editing once i add the video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

matt806

Thanks for the replies. Let us see what we can put together to get your Premiere Elements 14 project moving forward.

I know from personal experience that a MPEG2.ts file should be supported by Premiere Elements 14 Windows....imported, edited, Timeline rendered, and all the rest.

Before we go anywhere on this...do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 14 and are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)? If yes, we continue...

1. Do you know what the properties of your MPEG2.ts file are in the way of frame size, frame rate? What are they?

2. Import the .ts into the project's Export workspace using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets. When you drag the file from Project Assets to the Timeline, the project should automatically set the project settings based on its analysis of the properties of that file. So, what did it set...See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. Assuming that what you see there represents your video correctly, then there should be no colored line over that video when it arrives on the Timeline.

3. Is there no colored line over the Timeline content? If we have the right project settings, there should be no colored line there. In your screenshot 3, you are showing Timeline unrendered video. Note the orange line above the Timeline content. That could mean

a. we have the wrong project settings

or

b. you have the correct project settings, but you have edited the content...all edits after a render take you back to the unrendered state. Render and unrendered are related to previewing.

In post 3, the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the entire Timeline content. So you are OK there. Are you saying that if you

a. Press the Enter key

b. Hit the Render button

or

c. Use Timeline Menu/Render Work Area

that you do not get Timeline rendering?

Please consider and then we will decide the next step(s).

Thanks.

ATR