1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 5:38 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I lighten a section of a video and not the whole video in Premiere Elements 14

Pamela E Jones Level 1

I'm trying to edit a video, where the sun shone into a room and then it disappeared.  The video is very dark in places and very light in other places.  The tutorial only shows how to brighten all the video.  I need to brighten some of the video.

• 1. Re: How do I lighten a section of a video and not the whole video in Premiere Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pamela E Jones

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 14?

Are you looking to lighten spots within a single frame or to vary the lighting across the duration of the clip?

If the latter, have you gotten involved in applying brightness effect or other lighting darkening effect and then keyframe that property so that the effect varies across the duration of the clip  rather than being applied uniformly to the whole clip?

What tutorial have you been following?

Please give more details.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Changing effect properties

Keyframes for a given property can be set under Adjust Tab/Adjustment Palette/ and Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette as well as at the Timeline level (clips' "rubberband").

More on that next.