1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 10:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Stop motion live capture was removed from Premiere elements 12 please help!

Lori.Tegen

Premiere elements 12 was purchased in good faith to upgrade my classroom from elements 9 with 300 students to create stop motion videos. That feature was removed from version 12. 6+ hours with the support gets me "you can't downgrade." The district purchased an enterprise license for software that can't be used and no notice about significant removed features was given. How do I get the help that I need - this isn't fair or good business practices.

• 1. Re: Stop motion live capture was removed from Premiere elements 12 please help!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Lori.Tegen

Please check your information about Premiere Elements 12/12.1. Are you certain that is the version of the program that you have? What computer operating system?

Please note this is what you see when you select version 12/12.1's Add Media/Web Cam or WDM in Premiere Elements 12....note the Stop Motion option in the Capture Window.

webcam.JPG

If you select Add Media/DV Camcorder, you see the following....note the Stop Motion option in the Capture Window

DVCapture.JPG

In view of the above and the time that you spent in contact with Adobe, it is not clear what the situation is.

This is not Adobe. Rather this is essentially a user to user Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

Enterprise License/Volume License, that is strictly an Adobe matter.

Have you gone up the chain of command at the Adobe support group that you did reached.

As it has turned out - Adobe removed DV and HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements capture window in 13/13.1 as well as in the latest version 14. But, you are not asking about that. You are asking about Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

Please consider and give more information.

Thank you.

ATR