1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 9:53 PM by A.T. Romano

APE 11 CODEC Error

Phil.com Level 1

APE 11 on a PC running Vista

I have a HD 20 Gb .mov file on a SSD drive from the TV station we use. They just converted to HD so we are working out some bugs.

The setting we are using is NTSC AVCHD HD 1080i 30, which I rechecked.

The file does run on Quicktime, so I know that part is good.

When I try to bring it into APE from Files and Folders, I get a Add Media Failure: This type of file is not supported or the required CODEC is not installed.

I installed the Current CODEC, NewTec Codecs for Windows.

Restarted Computer, Tried to import the file, then I get the same error.

Where am I going wrong? Thank you.

Cheers and Peace! Phil

• 1. Re: APE 11 CODEC Error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

What is the video properties for this file...video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio, bitrate?

There is always the possibility of a missing codec, but there is also the possibility that Premiere Elements does does not support the codec, there or not.

Did you put the video through the free codec utility named GSpot to check out the readouts for Video Codec, Name, and Status as well as Audio Codec, Status?

Be careful with codec packs that they do not cause more problems.

If you cannot get GSpot to give us the information that we seek, please download and install MediaInfo to look at its video and audio properties in Tree View for the file. Just be careful with the download and install choices for this program since it is known to travel with unwanted baggage.

To be continued...

ATR