3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2015 6:49 AM by JimHess

Photoshop CS5 extended and RAW

itsmagic817

I have purchased a Canon 70D. Photoshop CS5 extended will not load CR2 files. I have installed Camera Raw 0.2. Help

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS5 extended and RAW
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

May i know what is the Version of the Camera raw that, Photoshop is using. ?

You can click on help click on help > and Choose about plugin> Camera raw.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS5 extended and RAW
            itsmagic817 Level 1

Hi

1. Version 6.0.0.205.

I did find a copy of Codec CameraRaw 9.2 on the internet and installed that but there was no difference and it still showed version 6.0.0.205. I went back and uninstalled my version of Photoshop CS5 extended 64bit and then reinstalled it which is why it is the 6.0.0.205 version. Control Panel  shows a PIXELA AAC LC CODEC installed on my system.

Thanks for showing an interest.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS5 extended and RAW
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I provided a reply in your other thread. But Camera Raw is not a codec. It is a plug-in for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Camera Raw 9.2 is only compatible with Photoshop CC 2015 and Photoshop Elements 14. The last version of Camera Raw that is compatible with Photoshop CS5 is 6.7, so you cannot install and use Camera Raw 9.2 with the software that you have.

You have a few choices of what to do:

1. Subscribe to the creative cloud so that you can use the latest version of Photoshop.

2. Download and use the DNG converter to create DNG copies of your raw files.

3. Add Lightroom 6 or the latest version of Photoshop Elements to your workflow.

In the future, it is best to keep discussions confined to a single thread. This makes it much simpler for continuity.