2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 3:27 PM by Gregory Lafrance

Display two sets of buttons separated by spaces

salut Level 1
      I'm using ApplicationControlBar, LinkBar, and ViewStack to display buttons. Currently, the buttons are displayed horizontally next to one another:

Catalogue A Catalogue B Catalogue C Catalogue D Catalogue E

I'd like to display TWO separate sets of buttons and ADD Spaces between the two sets to clearly show they are unrelated:

Catalogue A Catalogue B Catalogue C space space space space space Catalogue D Catalogue E

How do I go about doing it? It's sometimes hard to find information on Flex properties.
        • 1. Re: Display two sets of buttons separated by spaces
          Level 7

"salut" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gr10j9$gmf$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm using ApplicationControlBar, LinkBar, and ViewStack to display
          > buttons.
          > Currently, the buttons are displayed horizontally next to one another:
          >
          > Catalogue A Catalogue B Catalogue C Catalogue D Catalogue E
          >
          > I'd like to display TWO separate sets of buttons and ADD Spaces between
          > the
          > two sets to clearly show they are unrelated:
          >
          > Catalogue A Catalogue B Catalogue C space space space space space
          > Catalogue D Catalogue E
          >
          > How do I go about doing it? It's sometimes hard to find information on
          > Flex
          > properties.
          >

Is the spacer between your linkbar and linkbuttons not working for you?

• 2. Re: Display two sets of buttons separated by spaces
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6
            As you are only trying to add enough space to distinguish between the two sets of buttons, use this:

<mx:Spacer width="30" />

and adjust the width to your liking. In theory, they way you currently have it you could end up with two buttons separated by way too much space.