1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 1:57 PM by m_vargas

Which version of flash player should I install for windows 10?

kirang96

Which version of flash player should I install for windows 10? I cant play any games without it. When I contacted windows support center, they asked me to update the flash player for windows 10. When I try to open any game it gives me a 0xc00007b error. Please help

• 1. Re: Which version of flash player should I install for windows 10?
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi kirang96,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge browsers on Windows 10 and all updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Update (there isn't a separate standalone installer for it).  Run Windows Update to check for updates and install if available.

If you're using a different browser, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer (using that browser) to download the latest version of Flash Player.

Error 0xc00007b is a Windows error, not Flash Player.  I performed an internet search for the error and quite a few hits.  One suggestion that came up multiple times was to run Check Disk (Run Check Disk from a Command Line to Check for and fix Disk Errors).  There are others, but since this is an Windows error and I'm not familiar with it I don't feel comfortable suggesting options I'm not familiar with.  I recommend performing a search for the error, and if that doesn't work, contact Microsoft again, as this has to do with Windows and not Flash Player.

--

Maria