4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2015 8:19 AM by Willi Adelberger

My user-downloaded fonts were disabled in InDesign when my computer crashed last night. How can I get them back and restore files?

aevesam Level 1

Last night my computer crashed, and when it restarted and reopened programs I had running such as Photoshop and InDesign, none of the fonts I had personally installed appeared in the program's fonts list. The fonts are still on my computer (I'm using a MacBook Pro, running the latest El Capitan 10.11 software) in FontBook. I'm not sure if they were still installed, but I reinstalled all of them, and then quit and reopened Photoshop and InDesign, but they still do not appear in the Adobe programs' font lists.

These user-downloaded fonts do still appear in the font lists of other Mac programs (like Text Edit), which is why I believe this is an Adobe issue, not an Apple issue.

When I open InDesign documents, an error message pops up telling me I'm missing links to fonts (only the fonts I use which I personally had downloaded). When I go to relink them, the fonts that do appear in FontBook do not appear in the list of font options within InDesign. How can I get these fonts back without finding and re-downloading everything???

I'm a freelance designer and need to work this weekend, so any and all help is very much appreciated!