3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 11:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Why does Premier Elements 13 not recognise my dvd drive

dav410

Why does Premier Elements 13 not recognise my dvd drive

• 1. Re: Why does Premier Elements 13 not recognise my dvd drive
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dav410

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 using?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" issue or a "it never worked before" issue? Is your burner internal or external type?

By burner not recognized I am assuming that you mean that when you have your disc in the burn tray, Premiere Elements 13 open to Publish+Share/Disc/.....disc has nothing listed in the Burner Location field. If that is the case, is this true for DVD, AVCHD, and Blu-ray or just one of the 3?

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? If not Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher, please remove any check mark next to the preference Use Harddware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher) found Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

If that does not work, we may go to uninstall the usual way, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

But, first let us gather the above details in order to decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why does Premier Elements 13 not recognise my dvd drive
            dav410 Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

It seems something had corrupted my system (nothing to do with Premiere Elements). other programs couldn't write to dvd either so I've done a complete re install and all seems fine now

• 3. Re: Why does Premier Elements 13 not recognise my dvd drive
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dav410

Great news. Great job.

Thanks for reporting the outcome. Appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR