Who is "Mhopkins"? is it you? The problem is caused by "them" having a lock on the file required to produce the output. Try closing/restarting RoboHelp. If that doesn't work, reboot your PC and report back if this works.
Yes, I'm mhopkins. I've tried overwriting the file I would typically generate as well as, in the case of tmp.doc, creating a brand new file. The results are the same regardless.
Yes, I have attempted to reboot, clean out all the "old" broken files, and I'm still seeing the same results. I am able to build WebHelp, my other output format, cleanly.
Is it possible there's a limit on how big the file can be? When I created a new printed document format and added one of the books to it, I was able to generate a doc file easily.
During the last attempt, I looked at the file after the crash and it is generating up to a point, but the TOC is:
Table of Contents
Error! Bookmark not defined.
But the index is basically fine.
Open one of the supplied sample projects and try to create a printed document from that.
Is your project on your local drive?
Sorry, I didn't see this post. I did not try the sample products, but I have no problem generating the other 10 or so help projects I use. Only this one fails.
I tried to divide it in half, do only half the topics in one file, and half in the other, and I was still unable to generate it.
Given the impending deadline, it became suddenly imparative that I have working PDF file.
This is how I got one:
Print to a word documnent
choose "Save to a different file" when I get the error
After all the errors complete processing (Word started, crashed, and restarted a few times) and Word opens with the recovered file:
manually generate the toc in word
save as with a new name (save doesn't work, still gives an error about how the file is locked to me)
Save as PDF
If I had to guess, it's choking on creating the TOC.