9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2015 5:07 PM by Per Berntsen

Recovery from DNG question:  I have photos saved on an external harddrive that were previously inported into Lightroom and converted into the DNG format.  The laptop on which i was running Lightroom died and i had to replace the harddrive and rebuild the

timp74426742

Recovery from DNG question:  I have photos saved on an external harddrive that were previously inported into Lightroom and converted into the DNG format.  The laptop on which i was running Lightroom died and i had to replace the harddrive and rebuild the computer.  In the process my Lightroom program and the catalogue related to these pictures were lost.  When I reassociate these photos with my new installation of Lightroom and a new catalogue is there a way to recover the Keywords or any other edits or metadata associated with the prito catalogue?  Is any of this information embedded with the DNG imge file or was it only in the cataloght lost on my failed harddrive? Do I just reimport as if these were new images with no prior Lightroom processing?