2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 6:02 AM by Steve Grisetti

Disappearing files

glennpsychdoc Level 1

I am working on a project and when I go to open up the project the files are not there. I can not find them on my desktop and I did not do anything to erase them. This is so frustrating because I have spent hours looking for them in all the folders on my desktop (where I keep my project originals) but they are not there. Any ideas as to what has happened?

Also, when I go open a project they are greyed out and I have to click the greyed out "open" and then click "cancel" in order to open up any of the projects I am working on.

I am willing to pay someone to speak with me on these issues. Is there any technician who works with PE13 and does phone consultations?

Thank you,

Glenn Bailey

• 1. Re: Disappearing files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn Bailey

Are you still working with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Mac?

How widespread is this issue - to one project and its source files or to all your project and their source files?.

As far as I know Adobe support is for the latest version 14 and even that is limited and directed by online Adobe Chat.

I do not think that Adobe offers support for 13, free or for a fee. But, be careful with whom you deal if you go beyond Adobe or someone attempts to contact you.

The following is an online Adobe Chat Panel to explore

Contact Customer Care

Did you have any recent automatic clean up of the computer or updating of it?

Is the desktop the only place for these files? Did you rename any of the files or folders involved after the project(s) was/were saved closed?

I am most concerned about

Also, when I go open a project they are greyed out and I have to click the greyed out "open" and then click "cancel" in order to open up any of the projects I am working on.

What do you find when you do open them....missing media messages or something else? Are all the narration related matters resolved?

ATR

• 2. Re: Disappearing files
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Do make sure you're OPENING project files and ADDING media files. Sometimes people confuse the two.

When you open a .prel project file, you do so by going to File menu and selecting the option to Open.

When you add media files to a project, you do by clicking the Add Media button and then using From Files and Folders to browse to the media files.

If you try to open a .prel project file using Add Media, you will not see the .prel file.

If you try to add media using File/Open, your media will appear grayed out.