6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 10:15 AM by Paul Allender

Losing masks at full res.

Paul Allender

When i work on half res my masks are perfect but when i go to full res i lose my masks. Whats happening? This has never happened to me before.

Half res.jpg

Full res.jpg

• 1. Re: Losing masks at full res.
          Paul Allender Level 1

Here's my machine specs if this helps.

System.jpg

• 2. Re: Losing masks at full res.
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure what you mean by "loose my masks" because I don't know what is going on in the composition. The half rez screenshot shows one actor and I'm that is what you want to see. The mask is on the third layer because it's visible so I don't know what you are masking out.

The full rez version shows 3 layers, but I don't know what is supposed to be happening with the other two because I don't have any idea what you have done to those two copies. If purging the cache doesn't fix your problems please send along another screenshot that shows us all modified properties of all layers that are giving you problems. Select the layers and press the U key twice to reveal everything that has been modified. This will give us a better idea of what you are trying to do. A detailed description of what you are trying to accomplish will also help.

• 3. Re: Losing masks at full res.
              Paul Allender Level 1

This is whats happening. I'm cleaning up a music video that has noise and lens flares that are not wanted. I'm duplicating the video and fixing the problems with masks on the layers. When i render it out i get the full res image layers all visible where at half res its how its full res is meant to look. Basically at full res the layers are visible and not masked out to fix the video. The half res image has all makes applied.

• 4. Re: Losing masks at full res.
                Paul Allender Level 1

Sorry: The half res image has all masks applies to make it one image with flares removed.

• 5. Re: Losing masks at full res.
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select the 3 layers in your comp, press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties and also show us both the Switches and Modes column. That may help. I've never seen a resolution change make that big a difference in how things work. There must be something else going on but since we cannot see what you have done to these layers it's impossible to tell what that may be.

• 6. Re: Losing masks at full res.
                    Paul Allender Level 1

Hi Rick,

I found the issue with the masks. It was a Denoiser plugin that was making the masks disappear and not showing how the layers were meant to look in full res. Thanks for your help.

Paul