5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 8:40 PM by A.T. Romano

.psf files

WJB68

does anyone know if Premiere Elements 14 can view .psf video files

• 1. Re: .psf files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

wjb68

Where are you getting these .psf video files?

I would say that they are not supported by Premiere Elements, but I do not have a sample file to test for verification.

Supported file formats

My first impression is that this file will need to be converted to another format which is supported by Premiere Elements - maybe with the free HandBrake to get a H.264.mp4 version.

https://handbrake.fr/

If you send a sample as a Google Drive or Dropbox shareable link in your thread, I can offer to test it in Premiere Elements 14 (or other version of your interest) on Windows.7 or 10 64 bit. Do you presently have Premiere Elements 14 Windows or Mac?

ATR

• 2. Re: .psf files
            A.T. Romano Level 7

wkb68

Add On to post 1....

I have done some homework on "psf video" since posting 1.

Are you really dealing with AVCHD video recorded in the PSF Mode....and is file extension of the video .mts rather than .psf?

If so, the following seems to give background about your psf question (it uses a Premiere Pro model for the video editor).

Premiere Pro + AVCHD Users: BEWARE! | CarlKingdom.com

Does this apply to you?

ATR

• 3. Re: .psf files
              WJB68 Level 1

Thank you for the response. The file comes my surveillance system DVR. It saves the video file as a .psf. According to the DVR manufacturer .psf is an Adobe file. I do not have Adobe Elements. I am just trying to find a way to watch saved surveillance events.

I will look into Handbrake.

Thanks again

• 4. Re: .psf files
                A.T. Romano Level 7

WJB68

Thanks for the reply.

Right now I am thinking that the HandBrake conversion of the psf file to H.264.mp4 may work for you.

If you need any how to information on the use of HandBrake for this purpose, please do not hesitate to ask. It is a quick, easy, and effective free program.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 5. Re: .psf files
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

WJB68

Just a mini note before calling it a day...

I am not sure what that DVR manufacturer was thinking when said psf Adobe file. I do not recall seeing an Adobe file with a .psf file extension.

Could the DVR person been thinking PDF?

Whatever the case, I hope that the HandBrake conversion will work for you.

I will be looking for your follow up in the morning and when you schedule permits.

ATR