0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 12:10 PM by maureliusb4

Flex Tabbing Issues

maureliusb4
      I'm having a problem with tabbing where one of two things will happen on my popup windows. I have a mixture of controls such as text fields, radio buttons, buttons, etc. on them. The first issue is the last tab index I have set will always be skipped. The tabs will work correctly, but when it gets to the last button I have a tab index set on, it will skip back to the first 'tabIndex'. The second problem is when it gets to the last 'tabIndex', Flex seems to be giving the focus back to the browser (Only in IE) and I will have to tab through the URL and search box before getting back to my first tab index. Here is some sample code that is producing these two problems.

<mx:VBox id="mainVBox" verticalGap="5" paddingBottom="10" width="100%">
      <mx:VBox width="100%">
      <mx:HBox id="voucherLine1Container" paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5" width="100%" includeInLayout="true" visible="true">
      <mx:Text id="voucher1Label" styleName="zoneLabelText" paddingTop="3" text="Line 1:"/>

<commoncontrols:GreatlandTextInput
      id="voucher1"
      focusEnabled="true"
      tabIndex="1"
      styleName="zoneEditorText"
      width="100%"/>

<mx:Button id="voucher1Clear" label="Clear" click="{ voucher1.text = ''; }" styleName="topButton" useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true" tabIndex="2"/>
      </mx:HBox>

<mx:HBox id="voucherLine2Container" paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5" width="100%" includeInLayout="true" visible="true">
      <mx:Text id="voucher2Label" styleName="zoneLabelText" paddingTop="3" text="Line 2:"/>
      <commoncontrols:GreatlandTextInput
      id="voucher2"
      tabIndex="3"
      width="100%"
      styleName="zoneEditorText"/>
      <mx:Button label="Clear" click="{ voucher2.text = ''; }" styleName="topButton" useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true" tabIndex="4"/>
      </mx:VBox>

<mx:HBox id="buttonBar" paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5" width="100%">
      <mx:Button label="Update" styleName="topButton" click="updateZone()" useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true" tabIndex="5"/>
      <mx:Button label="Close" focusOut="voucher1.setFocus();" styleName="topButton" click="removePopUp()" useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true" tabIndex="6"/>
      <mx:Button label="Help" styleName="topButton" tabIndex="7" click="openHelpfulHints(new HelpEvent(HelpEvent.HELP_SELECTED,ApplicationConstants.GS_FILE_NAME,ApplicationConstants. GS_FILE_NAME))" useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true" />

</mx:VBox>